NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake Clinton, IL Reunion

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 7>
Author
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lake Clinton, IL Reunion
    Posted: July-22-2009 at 8:42pm
Since I'm skunked for Lake George this year, I'd like to start the conversation for the Sept reunion in southern IL. Lets start by floating dates and locations. Todd, Alan, Stang, Moj', Rob, Joel, HW, CQ, and many more....?

I'd like to suggest Sept 11th - 13th.
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2009 at 9:14pm
Sounds good to us as of now .
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2009 at 10:36pm
I'll put my vote in for Clinton. I'm done with Shelby. Way easier drive, heated lake- can't beat it!

2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Sam B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2009 at 2:04am
I have never been to any reunions yet and would love to go to Clinton if its an open invite. I can talk to some of the other indiana ccf members also.

sam
Loud pipes save lives!!

2011 Green Lake Reunion Best of Show.

Sam's 73
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2009 at 2:10am
Count the two of us in.
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2009 at 3:22am
We're in for that weekend. In fact, that would be absolutely perfect! I vote Clinton.

Only weekend in Sept that won't work for us is the weekend of the 25th. Out of town wedding.

Rob
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2009 at 9:58am
We decided last year that Shelbyville's not even on the table this year so it's just the date we need to work out. Sept 11-13 works for us.

And of course it's open to anyone, the more the merrier.

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2009 at 11:31am
Great! I changed the title of the thread.

What are the options for camping, camper rental, hotels, etc?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2009 at 11:55am
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

Great! I changed the title of the thread.

What are the options for camping, camper rental, hotels, etc?

We'll be camping there this weekend Steve so I'll try to get some updated info on hotels but we may be better off waiting for Todd to get back from Minn. He's really got more info on the area than me but I'll see what I can dig up.
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2009 at 12:53pm
We may be able to make it this year. We spent a day there this past Memorial Day weekend, kind of busy, but the kids loved the fact that they could stay in the water all day long and not get cold. We may even go down there and camp/boat for a day or two in the middle of August.

On the way home in May, we noticed there are a couple of hotel options in the town of LaRoy (spelled LeRoy on Mapquest). It's probably only 10 minutes farther from the campground than Farmer City, and these may be better than what's available in Farmer City for the non-campers. I can't say for sure because we only noticed them from the interstate.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2009 at 1:19pm
The Days Inn is a ***************hole, bring your own sheets. You will like camping again after staying there.
Sam B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2009 at 1:32pm
Does anyone have the camground name and any other info so I can make a res. ? Are there showers.

Sam
Loud pipes save lives!!

2011 Green Lake Reunion Best of Show.

Sam's 73
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2009 at 1:35pm
After Labor Day you can pretty much drive in and pick your spot, no worries.
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2009 at 2:08pm
I see you guys mentioning the "Heated" lake...I was pretty confused but saw a Nuclear plant on the lake when looking at the map. I assume that is what you're referring to. Do the cooling towers get the water noticably warmer? That's pretty sweet if so.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
marks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2009 at 2:24pm
The campground is called the Mascoutin Recreational Area and is managed by the Il DNR. Here is a link for information. Yes, it does have showers. They used to not accept reservations, but I have heard that has changed.

http://dnr.state.il.us/LANDS/landmgt/PARKS/R3/Clinton.htm
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2009 at 2:25pm
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2009 at 2:27pm
Sam B. It is Mascoutin Campground Scroll down the link and there's info about camping. very nice showers and like HW said no need to worry about a spot after labor day.

Edit...Looks like we're all posting the same info within minutes
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2009 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by scottb scottb wrote:

We spent a day there this past Memorial Day weekend, kind of busy, but the kids loved the fact that they could stay in the water all day long and not get cold.

It will still be fairly busy early september but like you said, the fact that you can stay in the water all day long makes it ideal especially if the weather doesn't co-operate. Last year the water temp was still high 80's+ on the warm side of the lake.
marks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2009 at 2:43pm
C-Bass,

The Nuke dump hot water into the lake. During the summer, the section of the lake where the water is dumped will exceed 100 degrees. From the outlet to the dam, the temperature will gradually decrease, but we are still talking water that is usually over 80 degrees.

skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2009 at 3:48pm
No Nukes here, but water is still above 80. Come on down to the South!
Greg

86 BFN
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2009 at 3:55pm
Dang, 100°! That's hot tub water. Way too hot to be refreshing though. But that's really nice for those later months when other lakes start getting too cold.

Skicat, I often wonder why I haven't moved down to Tennessee yet. Probably has to do with being that far away from the rest of the family, but the wife and I sure love it down that way.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2009 at 4:38pm
RainDog it is bad luck to start this thread something will come up and you'll miss the whole weekend!

This isn't like a Green Lake, we are skiing all day.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2009 at 5:58pm
It is nearly the only weekend I have free, so I thought I'd throw it out there and see if it works for others. I'll get it on the calendar, in ink, ASAP. Yr right though, a hex is certain.

Skiing all day...you saying I ain't got leg? Didn't you hear of the marathon set I laid down behind Alan's boat last Monday?

Ok, ok...fair enough. But I'm sure Nutty and I will find something to do in 80 degree water as I recover.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2009 at 6:05pm
If anyone has plans on Labor day, this back-to-back weekend vacation might be an issue. I'm thinking of doing something for labor day. Is October completely out of the picture? We have historically had beautiful weather in October (here and there *cough*)
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2009 at 3:23am
I could do labor day weekend, that makes sense, but I'm in for either date. I've never been to this lake but the heated water sounds crazy. (I'm thinking radiation or no radiation, who cares its 80 degree water)
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2009 at 10:32am
11-13th is best for us. Can't do 17-18th (nor can Raindog).Rob can't do the 25th.
I say 11-13th and lets roll!

RJ....the Babes stuff really does a nice job! I'm hooked!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2009 at 10:56am
October is not much of a option for me/us. Even these dates in September will be hit and miss. Harvest is gearing up and there are a few squirrely farmers who will be running in the fields. I will be on call the whole weekend. So lets stick to raindogs dates and just stick to them. The morning skiing will be spectacular until 11 or so. Brew sippin' the rest of the day.

As for hotels, you will need to go back to either Bloomington or Champaign. It is a 30 mile drive but that is where the hotels are. LeRoy doesn't have anything. Mahomet does have a older hotel, but don't know what the accomodations are like. Clinton does have hotels but I have not idea what they are. Lovely thing about the web!

I know we will be camping. The grounds are nice and the facilities are very good. There is no RV rentals in the area so that isn't a option as far as I know.

We will be leaving for Minnesota tonight, but hopefully this answers some questions. Just give a shout if you want to talk on the phone. 217-202-5946.

Later!
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2009 at 11:43am
I'm taking a day of vacation on the 11th. Should arrive early afternoon on Friday.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2009 at 12:17pm
Unfortunately these central IL trips are tough on those of us who have toddlers or infants because hotels are sparse/crappy/far away. Maybe we can have the grandparents babysit this weekend. If not, we'll have to get a haz mat team into that Days Inn.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2009 at 2:06am
Don't have any kids yet, but I know where you are coming from Joel. Travel is a must if you want a respectable hotel. I honestly don't know what is in Clinton...I think there are some new hotels out by 51, but not positive. That drive wouldn't be too far.

I guess Eagle Creek at Shelbyville had mold in it too. I know you are laughing Joel! I guess the state owns it now...like we can afford that!
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 7>
  Share Topic