NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

treasures-Pete I have a horn!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2009 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Pete,
Do you think the compressor that was mounted under the hull of my 68 was "factory/dealer installed? (I cant remember the brand..might have been made in Italy?)
I like the CO2 idea if you could get 2 or 3 summers off of it. The thing with air horns, I think a guy gets a little "happier" with them than electrics?

Bruce,
We actually had a DNR safety check at the launch we go to, last labor day weekend. I also keep a whistle in the glove box, but he did ask to see the whistle/or sound the horns...the Wolo compressor did keep him happy.

I'm going to have to get a whistle, unless I'm lucky enough to pick up a horn.

Steve, the PO of our Barracuda disconnected the steering wheel horn and installed a tiny push button right next to the column. We always figured because someone must have been getting too happy with it. That's one of the tell tale signs I'll be able to use if I ever find that boat.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2009 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Pete,
Do you think the compressor that was mounted under the hull of my 68 was "factory/dealer installed? (I cant remember the brand..might have been made in Italy?)

Hard to say on this one. There were so many brands/types being used whether it was a factory of a dealer install. I know when I was working at Watercraft in those days, most were dealer installs. Off hand, I'm inclined to say that a compressor was a retrofit to the freon.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic