NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WINTER

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WINTER
    Posted: March-02-2005 at 11:05pm
As a 25 year old that grew up around Ski Nautiques, I couldn't wait until I could afford one of my own. I saved up until I could get what I wanted and last Ocotber ended up with a 97 SNOB with the GT-40 and only 200 hours. The problem is, here in Northern Indiana we got 18 inches of snow in the past 2 days and I'm beginning to think I may never get to play. So for all of you that can ski year round, know that the rest of us are jealous.

P.S. When I was 5, in '84, I remember my dad coming home with a 1971 Martinique. I knew right away it was special by the way it would fling you back in the seat, and the noise it made (it had no mufflers when we got it, but we ended up installing some b/c the neighbors would complain about our early morning ski times)...anyway, he still has it, and I'm thinking about restoring it. He uses it once a year or so, but it's getting pretty rough. The thought never crossed my mind to redo it, until I found this web site, and all the beautiful restorations in the diaries section. Truly inspirational. Thank you for keeping the sight up!!
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2005 at 12:54am
You Should definately restore the 1971 Martinique , it is a true classic , It would be great to see it on this site one day.
Hope to see it soon
Good Luck , Mike
"helping keep old Correct Crafts alive"
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2005 at 10:34am
rleinen79

What part of northern Indiana are you from. I would assume that you are close to the South Bend area by the snow amount. We only got about 6 inches here in Syracuse.
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2005 at 9:43pm
Yup.....north side of South Bend, less than a mile from Michigan. Do you boat on Wawasee a lot? We usually go to Pine in LaPorte, but the water level is too low now, and we're looking for a new place to go!
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2005 at 3:04pm
I live on wawasee so yes I boat there alot. It's choppy in the afternoons on the week-end (alot of traffic) but during the week it's pretty nice unless it's windy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic