Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do you identify year model

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Brady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2008 at 9:03am
Bob,
The plate you found on the stringer is the model/serial no.
And as you might guess, a guy with a name like The Godfather will in fact have the exact date of manufacture, and maybe more info on your boat. Keep watching this morning! My guess would be a mid 60s nautique, wait till you here that thing run, your going to love it
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2008 at 2:34am
Bob, the 73 is matching numbers original 350. I have had the car since 90 and has been a daily driver until the oil leak.
Just a nice stock White with Tan leather interior vette.
I do like the convertibles better than the T-Tops but I got what I got.

Sorry for the threadjack.... back to CCs.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
bobzilla View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2008 at 2:26am
Critter, I looked at your 80 Ski Nautique.You have a beautiful boat.
bobzilla View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2008 at 2:18am
Critter, I have a 74 L-82 matching numbers car.It is a convertible with the 4 speed and posi rear. whats your 73, got under the hood?
Is it a vert? I was trying to talk my wife into getting rid of her tahoe and buying a 78 pacecar or an 82 collectors edition, but it appears the Tahoe will have boat pulling duty soon.
bobzilla View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2008 at 2:09am
Thanks again Godfather, So with the lack of the transom numbers(first place i looked) My assumption of 66-69 has got to be close.From what I read on Chrysler marine engines and looking at the engine itself I made late 60's assumption.It doesn't look to have been worked on by Bubba, so I would bet I could get date codes on the engine intake or block also. I looked around the throttle and there was a tag that was unreadable on the dash between the steering wheel and the throttle.I didn't think about under the dash.Thanks for all the info.
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2008 at 2:06am
Bob, what year Corvette do you have ?
I have a 73 out in the garage that I need to finish putting the interior back in.
Oil pressure guage leaked behind the dash and soaked the carpet before I noticed it.
Like I do not have enough projects going...

Happy to hear another restoration is going to happen.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
bobzilla View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2008 at 1:56am
Thanks Godfather, That would be a great help.I never thought that the sn would stand for Ski Nautique. But it makes sense.Y'all have been a big help, and I appreciate the welcome.I can tell you anything about a corvette but I am new to nautiques.I thought they were all chevrolet and ford powered. The neatest thing I learned in researching these boats were some of the names like barracuda (I am assuming chyrler powered) and mustang(I assume ford powered). I do everything on my vette including alignment in my own garage, so I don't thing the rebuilding of this boat will be tough, just time consuming.I know with this site I can find answers to my tech questions.I know that soon I will probably be able to help others(at least by the time this boat is rebuilt and in the water) I want to keep it original, but I think I would like to tweek the engine with a nice low end cam,maybe a .030 overbore and a good tuning. I can't wait to hear it run.
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2008 at 1:43am
Bobzilla, you already have the number from the tag. In the 70's they started to put the hull vin number on the back right hand side by the rub rail. For the eariler models the number was put on a tag by the engine or under the dash and also by the throttle.
bobzilla View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2008 at 1:23am
Thanks Hollywood i had read somewhere that on the right side of the transom there would be a number.The boat is still in a barn and I have to remove some trees to get it out.I will go by tomorrow and take some pics also.I saw no markings on the outside of the hull, but I haven't had good lighting to view the boat.It was very difficult to get the numbers off the engine. Should the transom numbers match the tag on the stringer?
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2008 at 1:18am
Bobzilla, wait till tomorrow and I can look in my book of vin numbers and I can tell you the year. The model is an Ski Nautique because of the SN on the tag. Hope this will help you.

And welcome to the site!!
bobzilla View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2008 at 12:36am
Thanks 75, I can get pics.I have looked at the sales literature.If I had to venture a guess I would say it is a 66-69 model.It appears to have only two bucket seats in the front and no rear bench. I have searched the web for info, and this site seems to be the most informative.I am used to messing with old corvettes and though like a vette I could find a serial number range by year or something on the chrysler engine but there just isn't alot of info out there. I used to be an avid skier and always admired the old wooden nautiques I saw on the lake(although few and far between).back then I could never afford one, now I can afford but just don't have the time LOL.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2008 at 12:31am
Look for some digits stamped into the top right hand side of the back end of the boat, just under the rub rail.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2008 at 12:23am
If you can get up some pictures that would really help. In the mean time, have you discovered this site's "reference" section. In there you will find brochures for most of the last 40-50 years. You can do some comparing to the pictures to start zeroing in on what boat you may have.
bobzilla View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2008 at 11:04pm
I am a demolition contractor in Metro Atlanta.
I loaned one of my John Deere excavators to a friend to clean up a property he bought. The property had two boats that have become mine.I noticed one of the boats was a ski boat, and upon further inspection I discovered it had a Ski Nautique emblem above the center dash guage panel. The thing that really caught my eye was the 318 chrysler engine. The boat is has rotten stringers but the hull appears good.I am trying to identify the year model.I found a tag on the left side of the engine that is attached to the stringer that has SN(serial number I am assuming)1483. The engine is an LM318 serial number 105352. can anyone tell me what year and possibly model this boat is?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic