NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Wildman" floor replacement..pics

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Wildman" floor replacement..pics
    Posted: July-06-2008 at 11:47pm
      Well, with only a few days 'til GL, I decided to replace the floor in the 68 "Wildman" 'cuda.

It had 9 pcs of 1/2" treated plywood, with lots of nasty fitting seams that were'nt even close to make the new floor from. I decided to make a template, using plywood strips that I hotmelt-glued together.

Heres a pic before ripping carpet out..

Hers a pic showing the PO's attempt to keep water from getting thru the floor, into the hull , using aluminumn flashing...

..not sure how much water it kept out, but it sure "oil-canned" when walking on it!

This pic shows the first portion of the plywood strip template I made (I used cardboard in the curved area)...

This is the template , after making it.

The template on the new 5/8" BCX plywood.

And here are a couple of pics with the new floor in.....worked great, I was able to locate the battery-box and ski-pole cutouts perfectly!

I think it was well worth the little extra time. I was able to replace the original 9 pcs of plywood with 5.

Now, I just need to get the new carpet and trim in by Thursday...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2008 at 11:57pm
Hmmm.....didn't something like this happen with the Skier the first year? A last minute finish? Good luck. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of days.

Rob
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2008 at 12:02am
Originally posted by rleinen79 rleinen79 wrote:

Hmmm.....didn't something like this happen with the Skier the first year? A last minute finish? Good luck. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of days.

Rob

Yeah, only that time we were re-upholstering the whole interior...I must love deadline crunches?

Cant wait for next weekend either... btw, who's gonna pound on your neighbors doors with loud radios?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2008 at 2:36am
Steve I hope you at least have the carpet on hand . I also hope it is the right color otherwords you might have to reapolster
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2008 at 4:07am
Did ya make a template for the bass seats???
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2008 at 11:08am
Nice job! I especially like your template meathod...great way to use up scrap ply.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2008 at 1:14pm
Steve, Didn't the boat have the vinyl wall covering on the floor? Carpet or are you going original?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2008 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Steve, Didn't the boat have the vinyl wall covering on the floor? Carpet or are you going original?

Pete, The original flooring was long-gone, so Im not sure what they would have used in 68? right now carpet is the quickest / easiest way to go, soooo....
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2008 at 2:25pm
Steve, that looks great. I wish I was able to make headway like you.

Our '67 Barracuda had vinyl/rubber flooring. It had a bead like texture.   When I pulled my Mustang apart, I found they had used scraps of that same type of flooring to secure the exhaust hose to the hull.

Looks great. Keep posting pictures.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2008 at 12:27am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

I found they had used scraps of that same type of flooring to secure the exhaust hose to the hull.

Ditto for the '62 Classic, and they also used it to suspend the fuel lines.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2008 at 1:56am
Ok guys......

Pete, Good and bad... First, the good..I found a piece original basketweave vinyl flooring under the front floorboard's old carpet.   The bad.. its still getting carpet for now.... BUT, If I could find anything close to this pattern, I might use when I do the SS.

Pat, got smart and had carpet on hand this time.... NO re-upholstery here!

Gary, Im mounting the bass seats on the front deck with the pedal-control for the trolling motor... 68 vintage of coarse!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic