NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

4 ft of water, 6 ft man

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4 ft of water, 6 ft man
    Posted: June-10-2008 at 2:38pm
I hope his recovery is speedy.
I was 17 years old when we put a trampoline in the lake. I did a 1-1/2 flip and did not get far enough from the tramp. I went in perfectly straight and crushed my 7th vertebre. My ankles did not even hit the water. Because I was in the best shape of my life (remember 17 years old) most of the damage was muscle and ligaments. I still have pain once in a while (yesterday), but that's not bad considering the doc said it was a "one in a million chance" that I wasn't paralized.
I hear these stories, and it makes me cringe (sp).
When the depth isn't known, feet first, especially when libations are involved.
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2008 at 2:07pm
Eric, sorry to hear that, I hope he makes a full recovery. hopefully someone will read this and think twice before they dive into unknown waters.

I remember reading about a guy last year who did this out at Attwood lake.

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2008 at 12:20pm
Due to lack of good coverage, he got released early and is in good spirits...more later
"the things you own will start to own you"
NCH2OSKI View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH2OSKI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2008 at 8:10pm
Glad he is going to be ok, I hate to hear those kind of stories. A good friend's little brother did the same, he was able to get around again, although not quite as well as he used to. Best of luck and hopes for a speedy recovery.

Its amazing how quickly life can change with one small incedent.
mcbean7 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcbean7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2008 at 7:57pm
Oh man...I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he makes a full recovery.
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2008 at 7:32pm
Gotta be careful. My good buddy dove in and broke his neck and now is constrained to a wheel chair the rest of his life. As they were sitting with the engine off, they drifted over the sandbar and when he decided to dive in...the rest is history. Talk about irony, he was in the coast guard.
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2008 at 6:52pm
Whew! I am sorry to hear of the accident. I am happy it was not worse. Hope a full and speedy recovery is made.
bj
hasbeenskier
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2008 at 5:51pm
jumping in is fine, it's the diving in that breaks necks, just a sutle difference between feet first vs head first that gets you in trouble everytime.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2008 at 5:12pm
being the ambassador of safety,
my brothers, brother in law jumped into the water off the back of a ski boat saturday night and guess what? broken neck....I waited to post untill this morning to give at least the good news that he can move the rest of his limbs and had surgury yesterday. once again think before you jump and beverages were involved, the doctor told my sister in law one more fraction of an inch and you'd be wiping his but the rest of his life..seriously be careful and think
"the things you own will start to own you"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic