NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Footin with the PLBC boys

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678910 11>
Author
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2007 at 9:07am
Is Johnny pulling the Uncle Rico move with the biceps?
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2007 at 9:09am
Alan, that is not the dolphin. Here are some stills to show the difference. When performing the dolphin you use the "slingshot" action of the boom bending when coming back to the surface of the water to accelerate FASTER than the boat.

Dolphin seen @ 1:20 in this video

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2007 at 9:21am
ROFL    Now that's entertainment...he's still my hero. I gotta buy him a beer just for hanging on.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2007 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

I gotta buy him a beer just for hanging on.

I think I see a lot more dolphins in my future...
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2007 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Johnny Johnny wrote:

I think I see a lot more dolphins in my future...

For clarification, that would be waxing the Dolphin
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2007 at 9:32am
Hollywood: like the new signature...
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Shredhead View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shredhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2007 at 1:24pm
Are you pulling three from a tower or a pole?
I have the SS Fly Hy Pole but have always been hesitant to pull more than two deep ups at a time. Do you think pulling three large guys from the pole is safe?
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2007 at 1:28pm
Hey, there was a recent sighting of the Asian Chapter PLBC Boys...Got to love them.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2007 at 3:20pm
Shredhead, that's 3 from a tower on quinner's 206. It hasn't been a problem, solid and the boat still planes out just fine.

I'm not going to tell you what's safe and what's not, but we do triple deeps off a Fly High quite often.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2007 at 3:15pm
Been working on getting Harry doin' the barefoot thing. Same dude that came to GL this year. That Sanger is supposed to be there, he ain't no Wally!

Tumble ????s

There we go, standing it up.

Pulling a 1/2 "Johnny knee ski"

No, this isn't a back deep attempt.

This is a back deep. Finally got that extension on there and angled as far forward as I'm comfortable with. Out of the spray and getting up backwards along side the 2001!

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2007 at 4:44pm
While we're sharing some good falls and the wonderful side spray of the 2001 hull ...

"Pay attention!" - Video

BTW - we found on Brad's '86 SN that if we properly weight the opposite side (i.e. boom high) the side spray becomes no problem. We obviously figured this out after we shot the video above.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2007 at 5:57pm
I've got some good pics and vids I'll try to put up tonight.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2007 at 6:22pm
Keith- After you left the other night, Tim had to sit up on the driver side gunnel to keep the spray from nailing me on the short line...He moved all the gear and the box of beer over to the driver side- it worked!
Maybe we'll mount the boom clamp with some forward angle and tighten up the cables a bit to keep out of the spray pattern. Better yet, we'll have to master that neat little swing out manuever
-Brad
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2007 at 6:13pm
Some video from last night. Harry is coming along well.

*edit something is wrong with the clips, they are all cut short
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2007 at 7:02pm

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2007 at 7:23pm
Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2007 at 9:19pm
Good form boys, mad I had to miss it. Looks like I'm gonna have some competition from Harry for best crashes.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2007 at 12:52am
Just call him Hang on Harry. I give him props for holding on thru some of those tumbles.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2007 at 12:58am
That Harry sure has some Balls, maybe we could call him Harry B...., Oh wait, I already do.

Good to see Harry getting after it and no doubt he was a trooper holdin' on thru all those tunbles.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2007 at 2:25am
Hey quinner....drop me a e-mail to the address in my profile. Thanks.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2007 at 3:20am
kevin in a tumble

kurt tumble up start

kevin back foot start at dusk

harry getting tossed around

kurt superman to tumble up

keegan99usa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keegan99usa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2007 at 11:17am
Hey, would somebody please tell Harry to lead with his knees instead of the feet, he's right there! Johnny Looks comfortable though.
Great vids!
Dan
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2007 at 12:32pm
Nice call on the music- "For Whom the Bell Tolls" . I'll bring some Metallica out next time rather than the Swedish Rap, HW.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Feelgood M.D. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feelgood M.D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2007 at 4:07pm
Some pretty nice night footing there. Looks like harry managed to work in a few tumble turns. He should've kept rockin the barb wire eagle suit...
Hunting for a Early 2000s Super Air or Super Sport w/ a Python
Former Boats:
2001 SN 196
1986 BFN
Harrry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harrry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 4:13pm
The barb wire eagle is a little too tight on the balls...ill keep that bad boy around though
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 5:04pm
Ran the 88 SN and T-bag's 98 Sanger DLX. <-- I love that wake

Tandem endurance races

PLBC and Johnny lagging behind

The Champs, 2/2

I'm not sure what it's called, but it's a tumble start out of combos.

T-bag step attempt. This guy only likes doing deep waters.

Next we were doing bomb-outs. Started with 100' lines, much too long too much stretch. Also, speeds were kind of slow but Johnny finally nailed one on his last try.

Johnny and T-bag going down.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 5:47pm
I like the tumble out... good stuff! Whats in the foreground?

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 6:01pm
Ya know Kev, it's a shame there's no PLBC site anymore to post this stuff...
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 6:04pm
That's a slow-no-wake buoy, but they're optional on our lake if you're in the PLBC
Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 6:07pm
We're workin on it Joel...our buddy started re-doing the whole site and then just stopped. He's been really busy traveling to Europe and planning a wedding, so we're trying to get him to hand over the reins to one of us so we can get it up and running again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678910 11>
  Share Topic