NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Down Yonder on the Chattahoochee

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789>
Author
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2009 at 11:16pm
Greg
Glad to hear the Little River area is looking good. I was kind of concerned with ALL this water we have gotten so quickly.

Confirmed tonight that both of my daughters will be with us on Saturday. They are nineteen and twenty one years of age.
So, we will be bringing a total of four.

Looking forward to seeing you Saturday.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 1:35am
Hey you guys.....I just recieved a disturbing e-mail from the Pastor of our Church. He was asking our congregation to pray for the flood waters to recede and for the victims of the flooding in ATLANTA? Ain't that kinda close to where we are meeting? I picked up on the fact that you guys were having some rain but ....this much....flooding?

Well just like every other getogether...we are gonna have a blast no matter what the weatherman throws our way. Me and Patti will be on the road by 7pm Friday and up there at Greg and Amy's by 2am. Can't wait to see all you guys!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 8:41am
John, except for a downed tree or two(in town), we don't have flood damage up here. We're in the foothills of the blueridge mtns so water has a lot of places to go...ATL is an hour south of here. At the worst, we'll have to dodge a shower or two...we'll be fine.

Prayers out to those who were hit. If we can do anything...
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 11:05pm
I hope you all have a great time! Wish I could be there too.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2009 at 1:10pm
Karen and I have decided to stay home this weekend.Ive been sick the past couple of days,combine that with the uncertainty of the weather.Probably the right thing to do.
My apologies to all.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2009 at 2:53pm
Sorry to hear it Tom. Feel better and maybe we'll see you at the river.
1988 BFN-sold

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2009 at 3:01am

Well its less than 24 hours and things are good to go, I need the break. I searched all day for a bag to put my wakeboard in but couldnt find anything big enough, so if anyone has an old board around they can bring please do so. I will have my still unused barefoot suit.. dont know what these weather complaints are about, looks like it should be above freezing to me.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2009 at 9:24am
Joe, Don't worry about a board. You can use one of mine. I'll bring a couple of kneeboards too just case folks would rather do that. Looking forward to it come RAIN OR SHINE.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2009 at 10:33am
Tim, I think we'll get rain AND shine.

We'll add another knee and wakeboard, and a wakeskate to the mix. There should be a nice selection.

See yall soon!

1988 BFN-sold

lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2009 at 11:22am
Joe and Tim waiting to see some pics or videos of your barefooting.

My parcel from Lane "DawG" arrived in the mail yesterday. Should have my boom ready soon. Purchased a set of the Iron wrap shorts as well not sure if I will be able to get my existing gear over them though. Have watched both of the DVD's I got as well. To say I am ready to go is a understatement. He makes it look easy in the training DVD's. He has a section at the end of the No Fall video where he teaches a 51 year old to long line in 2 days. So there is hope for me yet.

John the "Bear" should have you guys bacerds easy by the end of the weekend.

Hope the weather works with you guys but as Joe said anything above freezing will be fine for him. Joe man you get around surfing in MN one week now barefooting in Georgia. What next ?

Wish I could be there. Tim what was that deal you can get me from Delta Sydney to Atlanta?
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2009 at 12:47pm
Some sun will be nice. Especially after what they are calling a 500 year flood around here!   
Guess I won't be around to see that again!
Greg

86 BFN
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2009 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

My parcel from Lane "DawG" arrived in the mail yesterday. He makes it look easy in the training DVD's.

Lewy, Lane is the man. I have taken several clinics from him. His "posture and glide" technique is the best. I have learned tons from him.   Taught me bacerds and bacerds one foots.   

All you guys Down Yonder have a blast this weekend !!! Wish we could be there.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2009 at 5:55am
Close to 3 am and waiting for the bear ..
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2009 at 12:20pm
We had a late night too.

Getting ready to leave in about 15 minutes (got three girls in tow....you guys know what that is like!).

See ya'll about 10:45 am.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2009 at 8:30pm
Kaitlin won her Volleyball tournament.COUNTY CHAMPIONS!!

Boat loaded and ready to pull out.........In the RAIN!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 2:19am
Got home to Florida about 9:30pm and all I can say is WOW!

From the time me and Patti arrived about 3:30 am and found JoeinNY and Buffalo waiting up for us to today at noon when we had to leave for home...we just could not have had a better time. Yes...it rained hard all day Saturday bit this mornings skiing almost made up for it. Greg and Amy just went all out. What a beautiful place they have right on the lake. If you get an invite...don't miss visiting their home. Sweet. Was great to see Joe, Roger and Cathy, the Moorfoot's and Greg and Amy's lake friends. Was very cool to introduce jimsport93 to a little get together action. I do believe he had a good time. The food, accomidations, everything was just great.

We got calls Saturday evening from CQ and the majicman....just wanting to check in to see if we were all enjoying ourselves...had to answer 'heck yeah'..

But we would have made the whole 8 hour drive just for the toothpick surprise......awesome! The surprise never made it inside...as they came off the grill we were there grabbing them!

Thanks to all you guys...me and Patti had a great time. But thanks most of all to Greg and Amy.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 2:39am

Must been nice to be retired, I've only got a couple of decades to go!!! But at least I'm already in Florida.
-Adam

1973 Skier
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 3:04am
We went on the weekend man.....you remember them...but I do think you gotta work most weekends. Bummer.

Long time since we talked.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 10:33am
Many thanks to the wonderful CCfans we got to meet on Saturday.
The Jbears, Skicats, Critters and JoeinNY... it was a pleasure! My family and I felt right at home the minute we walked in the door and introduced ourselves to everyone.
Just sorry we had to leave Saturday evening and not have a chance to meet the Morfoots before they arrived.
Greg and Amy a big THANK YOU for your most generous hospitality. Y'all did a fantastic job!

The weather was a wash-out on Saturday. At least we got to for a "refreshing" boat ride for lunch before the rain set in.
It was a beautiful sight watching the BuffaloBFN and Skicat's BFN running the lake together as we watched from our boat.

The good thing about the rain Saturday was that it did give us time to talk and get to know each other. Even though it felt like we were already life long friends (because of this great site).

Looking forward to the next time we can get together.

And yes, Amy's "Toothpick Surprise" is AWESOME!

Thanks again,
Jim, Robin, Alexandra and Melissa

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 11:26am
Kim and I got home last night around 9:30 but the boat to bed then us too.
What a quick weekend it was. Thanks to all who were there for a great day on the lake.

Big thanks to Greg an Amy for turning their house into a hotel for us fans and providing a place to congregate.

I have ALLOT more respect for you barefoot guys as I tried numerous times to do it on Skicats boat with Jbear doing the teaching. Never got "the Foot" to foot and MAN my body feels like someone hit it with a baseball bat. Thumbs up to you guys!

Great hooking up again with "Joe in Georgia" and Critter and Kathy. Jim sorry we missed you and your family and you guys should have made the trip down yesterday as it was a beautiful day to be on the lake. You'll have make plans for the St. Johns River Run in Feb.

Fans took lots of pictures and shot some video so I'm sure they'll be up on the site in no time.

We had great BBQ, smoked chicken,and toothpick surprise. Not only was the company great but the food was too.

The best part about the day Sunday was just us all hanging around one another, jumping from one boat to another. We used one boat for barefooting, one for slaloming and two for wakeboarding. Who needs a 3 event boat when you can have three or more different ones?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 11:52am
Tim, I sure wanted to be back on Sunday. It was a beautiful day.
Had to get my daughters on the road. Alexandra, the middle one, back to Carrollton. Melissa, the youngest, had to do laundry, shop and get packed up for the return trip to Valdosta State. She also needed an oil change on her car and a couple of new tires.
So, we will have to meet another time. Am sure you guys had a blast. Will look forward to meeting you and Kim in the near future.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 12:09pm
Sorry we missed you and your daughters. I was at VSU ( well VSC) from 85-88. Could have talked shop with Melissa.

Even more reason to plan on doing the River Run. A pitstop in Valdosta, pick her up and carry her with you for a weekend of boating with about 30+ other correct crafts. How much bettter can it be than that?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 12:11pm
I am not quite back yet but a good two thirds of the way and so far on schedule.   I will have to hit the hot tub and the steam room before heading in to work but other than a bit of soreness everything is in working order. As everyone has said it was just another great weekend with good boats and great people. Thanks to greg and Amy for the place to stay and all the food and drinks. Thanks to the morfoots for the chicken and the pulls, and thanks to everyone else for the pulls/rides/equipment. I got a ride in every boat and a pull behind all but the 93 sport, have to leave something for next time I guess.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 1:56pm
Wow, where to start...

Amy and I want to thank everyone for their contributions and the great time we had. From the planning and prep stage to the final hugs and handshakes, this little southern gathering was a huge success! Yes, the weather could have been nicer on Saturday, but we did sneak in a run down to Skoagie's for lunch. One way or another, we got all the boats on the water, and we cut some grooves in the lake on Sunday.

And something CCFans should know is how impressed our local friends were with the whole of CCFans and how we get together. Either Saturday night or Sunday night or both, I heard from each of them in their own way how cool they thought our group was and how much they were enjoying it.

As Jim said, we got a chance to talk and get to know each other Saturday. How many of us would have met without this site; thanks much Keith and wish you could've been here. The same goes out to those who were possibles and couldn't make the trip. We will do it again!   

And thank goodness the Dawgs won!   

Note that we were under close supervision.     

Our good buddy JBear on Skicat's BFN

A big thanks out to Billy and Karen(Boat Dr & Boat Nurse) for the banner; the old dock needs all the dressing up it can get! We sure did miss you two; see you at the river. That's Morfoot's sweet red next to the dock. We threatened to paint it blue while he was here.

Morfoot bustin' a move.

JoeinNY/GA behind 'Amy's' BFN

Also Joe

Big smiles

And a shot of the yard Sunday evening

1988 BFN-sold

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

JoeinNY/GA behind 'Amy's' BFN

Looks like everyone had a great time...but what else would you expect? It would appear that after 4 or so years of this, CCFans have a pretty good handle on how to have fun on in near the water.

Regarding JoeinGA...I'm confused, I thought he set out for florida last spring hoping to get some lessons in barefooting 101. I guess I missed something...looks like has it pretty well under control back there.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 2:10pm
We had both outlaws drop by. Nick was here Saturday evening and didn't get to ride because of the leaky clouds. I really wanted to post the hang ten he does...it's like a bumble bee, it shouldn't fly, but it does.

Trey did get his chance to show off a little. <-- he hates that   

1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 2:46pm
Lewy, we got word of your call and so wish you and Jo could have been here. Sorry we missed your call and we understand it's a long drive for you.

Us men folk ran out early for JBears footin' 101!

Case on point!

1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 3:16pm
Another thing I should mention is how much fun it was to drive Roger's '80 when he was on slalom...I miss my '79 now.

When Roger dropped, I tossed the wheel like I would on my BFN and got the coolest little low speed slide. All the hulls have their perks!

Cathie, I hope I didn't rattle your 'cage' too much.   
1988 BFN-sold

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 3:19pm
Looks like a great time. JBear sure gets out there on that boom.

skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 3:53pm
I guess you can say Jbear had a good time all by himself this weekend!

Greg

86 BFN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789>
  Share Topic