Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

help identifying correct craft

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
jjcorrectcraftfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjcorrectcraftfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2011 at 7:44pm
I was looking just behind the front seat and there is no hole for a ski pole. Did all of these come with ski poles or not. Will this be something i have to build in when i tear it apart?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2011 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by jjcorrectcraftfan jjcorrectcraftfan wrote:

I was looking just behind the front seat and there is no hole for a ski pole. Did all of these come with ski poles or not. Will this be something i have to build in when i tear it apart?

JJ,
Spend some time exploring the site. The reference section as well as the diaries are wonderful tools. In the ref section, you'll find catalogs and price sheets that will list the details.

The pylon was an option! Yes, you'll need to fabricate a period correct pylon and build it in with your restoration.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjcorrectcraftfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2011 at 1:02am
Thanks for the help so far. Im sure ill need much more. I hope to start working on the boat in 2 weeks and be done by July of 2012. I think the hull is still in good shape so i hopefully wont have to pull that big v8 out.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2011 at 12:40pm

I think the hull is still in good shape so i hopefully wont have to pull that big v8 out.

JJ,
Don't get your hopes up. You have had three seasoned wood CC veterans warn you about the bedding compound. We haven't even told you about the stem yet!

You do need to spend some more time reading some of the great threads here.

Keep us posted.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2011 at 7:13pm
Pete, cut the guy a little slack!   He will learn one way or the other, the job he is about to undertake will educate him more than any reading he can do about this "simple task".I can only speak for my "education into wooden boats" .I too have a small amount of knowledge since my purchase and "resto" of 4 wood CC's. I chose to use info from a number of sources, both novice and old timers,to do the best job I could.The bottom line of all this "resore back better than the factory" to me is a poison pill.Why have a boat that you are afraid to use?Why spend more on a preservation than the boat is worth, then leave it on the trailer to be shown off like a "trophy wife". Allow him to make the same mistakes the rest of us have made, some times an education can be very expensive, Almost as much as following blindly with misinformation that came from the "PRO's"....Let him ask the questions.............

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjcorrectcraftfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2011 at 11:44pm
How long can you leave these boats in the water. We go up to a camp in Michigan for a week. The boat would be in the water for 6 days. Can you leave them in the water that long or not. Also did these boats have swim platforms?

JJ
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2011 at 9:26am

How long can you leave these boats in the water. We go up to a camp in Michigan for a week. The boat would be in the water for 6 days. Can you leave them in the water that long or not.

6 days would be the max. The topside paint used on the bottom should be fine even though it's not a "below the waterline paint" I suggest Pettit Easypoxy.
JJ[/QUOTE]

Also did these boats have swim platforms?

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

&

JJ,
Spend some time exploring the site. The reference section as well as the diaries are wonderful tools. In the ref section, you'll find catalogs and price sheets that will list the details.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjcorrectcraftfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2011 at 1:34am
i was wondering if the rope tie up on the stern could pull tubes. I am hoping to be able to pull 2 tubes if possible and maybe ski off it. I've saw people do it but i really want to make sure you can before id try it
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2011 at 2:30am
I believe the "rope tie up" is the lifting ring, it is designed for vertical loads only (Lifting)and is not a good tow point, keep an eye out for the right vintage pylon and add it during your restore. I cant wait to see what Pete has to say about two tubes behind that boat.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2011 at 2:34am
JJ, if you haven't done so already, I'd canvass that barn really good, just to be sure you're not leaving any parts behind. Having grabbed a few barn-finds myself over the years...mostly cars and planes, I have usually found a few pieces sitting on the floor, in the rafters, ect...that belonged to my find.

Good luck with the resto, and we all look forward to following your progress.

Mark

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjcorrectcraftfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2011 at 11:44am
Originally posted by ultrarunner ultrarunner wrote:

JJ, if you haven't done so already, I'd canvass that barn really good, just to be sure you're not leaving any parts behind. Having grabbed a few barn-finds myself over the years...mostly cars and planes, I have usually found a few pieces sitting on the floor, in the rafters, ect...that belonged to my find.

Good luck with the resto, and we all look forward to following your progress.

Mark

This is my barn that i put it in so i havent moved any parts. I looked at the guys house i got it from but i didnt see any either. I have a ski pylon on ebay but never the clam vents or correct craft name plate. Any ideas were i could get correct craft parts?
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2011 at 11:51am
Keep your eye on ebay and CCF. Parts come up occationally. A pair of decent clamshell vents sold a couple weeks ago.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160657160604&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AONA%3AMOTORS%3A1123&vxp=mtr
Roym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2011 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Why spend more on a preservation than the boat is worth, then leave it on the trailer to be shown off like a "trophy wife".

Hummmmmmm, I need to get one of those "Tropy wife's" Are they good with working on wood!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2011 at 5:34pm

i was wondering if the rope tie up on the stern could pull tubes. I am hoping to be able to pull 2 tubes if possible and maybe ski off it. I've saw people do it but i really want to make sure you can before id try it

Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

I believe the "rope tie up" is the lifting ring, it is designed for vertical loads only (Lifting)and is not a good tow point, keep an eye out for the right vintage pylon and add it during your restore. I cant wait to see what Pete has to say about two tubes behind that boat.

JJ,
I'm getting the impression that you are "toying" with us. Ether that or you have not taken the suggestion of doing some searching and reading.

Just in case, Dave is correct - that "Rope tie up" is the lifting ring and absolutely vertical loads only!

I think you had better concentrate on the restoration and not pulling tubes!   

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2011 at 5:41pm
The proper place to attach two tubes is the tow point on the back.....of a Bayliner!
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2011 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

The proper place to attach two tubes is the tow point on the back.....of a Bayliner!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2011 at 12:05am
too funny Peter..........Chummin maybe?
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2011 at 1:15pm
Yes, but tying the tubes makes it safer to work on your wood. Oh wait ... wrong forum.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic