Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2009 CCF Special Edition 196

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1415161718>
Author
Frederic3680 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frederic3680 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 4:02pm
What a beauty!!! The boat is unique?
Ski Nautique! What else?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Frederic3680 Frederic3680 wrote:

The boat is unique?

So far but if your interested with the right size wallet and a few string pulls she might get a twin sister or two.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 5:41pm
Fred has very deep pockets and a huge wallet ROFLOL...
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

LGKen82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LGKen82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 6:05pm
I just got out of a meeting and we are talking about building another "unique" CCF boat. Will it be as "unique" as 90013 - never. But we are thumbing around with building something that blends a couple older generations and a little less horsepower. I'll keep you posted as to when we move forward and you can bet I'll be asking for some ideas.
Thanks again for everything - we loved having you and look forward to next year if you'll come.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 6:28pm
It is a cliche, but the pictures do not accurately convey how stunning the boat is, especially in the water. The whole modern/retro balance was spot on. Subtle cues from the past that enhance a thoroughly modern boat.

And it is a dream to drive on the water. Smooth, refined and handles like a sports car.

Simply an outstanding boat.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

It is a cliche, but the pictures do not accurately convey how stunning the boat is, especially in the water. The whole modern/retro balance was spot on. Subtle cues from the past that enhance a thoroughly modern boat.

And it is a dream to drive on the water. Smooth, refined and handles like a sports car.

Simply an outstanding boat.

Thanks for rubbing it in Steve....

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 6:48pm
Well hell bro, that wasn't very nice, was it? I guess I need to make it up to you. Since we know where it is, I guess I should drive you out to see it in person.

1st weekend in October work out?
We'll go looking for the great pumpkin.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I think the white graphics, boot stripe and racing stripe look best.

I love it when Im right

The boat was beautiful- every bit as good looking as Id hoped it would be. It drove nicely too- 54mph out of a 2600+ lb modern ski boat is no joke!

A big congratulations goes out to Keith, Adirondack and Reids group. The building of this boat was a tremendous success, and it ended up with some of the best fans out there!
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

To me, the white looks washed out against the orange.

And sometimes I don't mind being wrong.
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2008 at 2:29am
NOW THE CLOCK BEGINS AT 365 DAYS TO GO.!!!!!!!!!   HEHE   

Man that guy just won't stop....
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2008 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Barracuda Barracuda wrote:

Reid, congrats to you and your partners on the new addition to your fleet. Thanks to all of you for buying it so it stays in the family and can be enjoyed at future reunions.

You did not let Reid pull it home, did ya ?? It could have an HM 302 in it before Thanksgiving..
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2008 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by critter critter wrote:

You did not let Reid pull it home, did ya ?? It could have an HM 302 in it before Thanksgiving..

It went home with Reid alright, I think the 409 is safe for the time being though. Reid really hoped Keith ended up in that particular boat, if that could have worked out Reid would have been all over ordering up 002 (I know the original was 00013 not 001 but you get the point) with the smallest available motor. That motor would have been up for sale immediately and a GT-80 built up and installed to make sure that the fastest CCFAN special was ford powered.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2008 at 2:50pm

Originally posted by Barracuda Barracuda wrote:

Reid, congrats to you and your partners on the new addition to your fleet. Thanks to all of you for buying it so it stays in the family and can be enjoyed at future reunions.

Actually Roger, After Ried runs that bowtie, he,ll be wanting to re-power everything he owns with the good 'ol Chebies!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2008 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Actually Roger, After Ried runs that bowtie, he'll be wanting to re-power everything he owns with the good 'ol Chebies!

I am not going to hold my breath on that one..
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2008 at 5:27pm
I too heard the story Joe referenced about Reid ordering a second CCF boat and replacing the engine if this one wasn't available. After driving it however, I think Reid is pretty happy with the 409.

How perfect is Reid's hat in this picture of him in the CCF boat with Ken Meloon :

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2008 at 1:44pm
I will be posting a bunch of previously unreleased photos from the build, including a shot of Ralp Meloon signing the stern.

In the mean time, here's another glamour shot of the CCF196:

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2008 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by KenADKmarine KenADKmarine wrote:

I just got out of a meeting and we are talking about building another "unique" CCF boat.   

CC have any old 16 foot molds lying around out in the back 40?....just curious....if you really want to build a vintage boat
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2008 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Originally posted by KenADKmarine KenADKmarine wrote:

I just got out of a meeting and we are talking about building another "unique" CCF boat.   

CC have any old 16 foot molds lying around out in the back 40?....just curious....if you really want to build a vintage boat

WOW!!!! would that be COOOOOOL!!!!

Have CC build a 60's hull.. A cuda, SS...Yucatan Yellow, please and I could stuff it with this!!!

Is The Godfather listening!???
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2008 at 5:37pm
I was talking with the NE CC rep, I can't remember his name. I asked about the molds. He told me that there is one saved of each model for liability reasons. There you go. ;)
1978 Nautique

FBook - www.facebook.com/charliedontsurfct
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2008 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Mark Mel Mark Mel wrote:

I was talking with the NE CC rep, I can't remember his name. I asked about the molds. He told me that there is one saved of each model for liability reasons. There you go. ;)

Keith, How about a 1st generation orange hull/white deck CCF SN for next year's GL Reunion? I bet Holman Moody would want to get in on that one.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2008 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Mark Mel Mark Mel wrote:

Excellent. I'll take one of these:

with one of these.

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2008 at 6:25pm

Godfather.....    You can send me my invoice anytime!

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2008 at 6:28pm
Larry, all you gotta do is buy Randall's Mustang!

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2008 at 6:31pm
What happened to all the stuff that was on the table Friday night?

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2008 at 11:53am

Randal,

How much $$$$
Yes, I believe that would be the bomb guys, if CC can make a retro boat like you mentioned with an updated drivetrain for GL09'
!!!!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2008 at 1:04pm
Moj, I dont think Randall is selling his boat- I just thought it was appropriate with the colors. Its certainly a beaut!
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2008 at 2:21pm

Moj, I dont think Randall is selling his boat- I just thought it was appropriate with the colors. Its certainly a beaut!

Of course... I just wanted to be first in line haha... Colors are great, well except for black seats.. Yikes..

Orange-orange
Orange-white
Orange-tan (yeah, that's it !!!)

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2008 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Of course... I just wanted to be first in line haha... Colors are great, well except for black seats.. Yikes..

Orange-orange
Orange-white
Orange-tan (yeah, that's it !!!)

Moj'

Black sure would be tough after sitting in the sun, but it sure looks good!

How about orange/yellow?

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2008 at 3:06pm
Hell Tim, who's boat is that.. Same interior as Stang's Green machine... Yep, Love the colors !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2008 at 1:08am

Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Actually Roger, After Ried runs that bowtie, he,ll be wanting to re-power everything he owns with the good 'ol Chebies!

-Adam

1973 Skier
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1415161718>
  Share Topic