NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

words of encouragement

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: words of encouragement
    Posted: February-25-2009 at 9:56am
kind of ironic on the words spoken last night
"the things you own will start to own you"
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2009 at 11:44am
Don'T expect too much wisdom from the new
administration. look at who they were that will tell you who they are.Its all smoke and mirrors.
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2009 at 1:11pm
From Christmas 08 to 15 February 2009 My retirement lost ANOTHER 7k, but I'm encouraged!
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2009 at 3:49pm
Where is the dog? If he can't keep a promise to his own kids how can we expect him to keep promises to us.

It was a nice speech but no details. Today an appropriations bill with 9000 earmarks (some are ridiculous) along with tax increases looks as if it will pass. This will be a direct opposite of what he said last night.
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2009 at 5:22pm
I couldn't bring myself to watch.
I wish he'd be more optimistic! Where's the Hope
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
DeepCreekNauti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepCreekNauti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2009 at 12:40am
I went to my mailbox today to see if my "change" had come. It was not to be. Oh well, there is always tomorrow.

I watched it and still failed to become a believer. It's all a game of blame it on the other guy's politics be it red or blue.

The news media just lets it happen. It’s like they refuse to hold the gov'ts feet to the fire on these issues in mass appeal. I feel strongly that no one single person or party is to blame. This is much larger than that. This is about our gov't polices and programs that are based with the best intentions but have disastrous consequences years later. Tell me why is it that just about all of the gov’ts major programs need serious reform?

You all should read this 2003 New York Times article. Stay with it until the end and see why the proposal 86'ed.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E06E3D6123BF932A2575AC0A9659C8B63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2009 at 1:01am
You have all been duped by a master. The change you get is not the change you wanted. By this time next year there will be no one to blame but the people now in charge.
Most people don't remember Carter with 15% home loans or the .com bubble during Clinton I only hope we survive Obama.
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2009 at 1:25am
Does not matter who a president is or what he does, they are protected.
How else can you explain how a president can go on Prime Time TV and look right into the camera and say "I did not have sex with that woman" and nothing happens to them. Then I have to explain to my Daughter how he was wrong in his statement.
Used my tax money to lie to me and then continies to be treated like a king.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2009 at 10:06am
If you got elected today what would you being doing different? you have to admit he got dropped right in the middle of a mess,
Dog, it aint going up anytime soon
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2009 at 10:29am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

If you got elected today what would you being doing different? you have to admit he got dropped right in the middle of a mess,

Just for discussion, This was not done to him. He did spend a lot of time and money fighting to get this job kinda knowing the country wasn't running smoothly. I would try to get my Congress and Senate to fiscally behave until things look better. At least give the appearence that everyone is cutting back. No spa, world vacations, X% budget increases etc. It might not help financially but the common folk would feel better.

As for an update on the dog. Mommy O is telling the press "sometime in April"
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2009 at 10:48am
Eric, he didn't get dropped in. He fought and spent a fortune to get there. He changed his mind about clean election money when he saw that it wasn;t to his advantage. If the economy hadn't have tanked in Oct., he wouldn't have been elected. He's a great speaker and the mass media are behind him, but bi partisian to him and them Dems is going along with their deal. If we end up with double digit interest in a few years, which we may once this debt catches up with us, this recession is going to seem mild.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2009 at 11:05am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

Dropped into a mess He spent 100 million dollars to get there. During the campaign he
had all the answers? What happened to off shore drilling,nuke power plants and the tax cut for all below 250k. G Bush was a great disappoint to me but I don't think he straight faced lied to the country like the latest speech.
Windmills, solar and hybrid cars are not going to help. spending 780 billion on a program loaded with pork and social programs then give the people 60 a month wont help. I work in Chicago I know where he came from he is not the Messiah just a good talker.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2009 at 10:54pm
I am not sure he is as good a talker as he is a good reader

former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 2:22am
would be nice if we had more parties in this country...

at least the bush era is over he can't possibly make as many blunders as GW.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 11:58am
Originally posted by phospher phospher wrote:

would be nice if we had more parties in this country...

at least the bush era is over he can't possibly make as many blunders as GW.

I think history will show the GW blunders were nothing compared to the stupidity going on now the 3 trillion budget proposal is going to be payed by you the tax payer. Say goodbye to the GW tax cuts say hello to higher capital gains,higher income tax, higher fuel costs. Unless you can run your boat on wind or solar.
Its pretty clear who the Dem's are beholding to if you are not a minority,tree hugger or illegal alien I think you will look back at the GW era as the good old days.
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 1:08pm
I hope that they can reduce the defecit in the future too. But to say that History will judge GW kindly is just wishful thinking. this country was bankrupt long before obama stepped foot into office. the free market has failed and a lot of us would not be able keep our boats or our jobs if we continued on the path that GW was on.. now, i am all for a free market but let's fix it, and regulate it so that the fat cats on wall street can't *************** over my retirement again. what pisses me off is all the money that was given to these banks with NO accountability.

i don't consider myself a tree hugger but i'm all for a cleaner environment and the "go green philosophy" (which i don't think my 351W is very good at).

to me, it is more than about money in my pocket and if/when obama starts messing *************** up then F*** him too. but we need new ideas in this county, we need to try new things, change with the times, it is the 21st century.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 1:41pm
well GW had nothing to do with NAFTA and it's NAFTA that's f'd everyone out of jobs, that and the dumb asses at the banks making 125% loans to marginally qualified applicant.
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 1:57pm
I am hopefull. If things keep going down this road of spend spend spend money that we do not have and are borrowing, we will be back in the Jimmy Carter days of 14% interest in no time.

I hope to retire soon so the future interest rate works for me. Low personal needs and money in the bank that is earning interest of 10%+ looks good to me.

For those that are young and trying to make it with 14%+ interest rates and higher goods cost... good luck... Been there, Done that back in the early 80s. It was not a lot of fun.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 2:05pm
The thought of any change is a good change
is the currant mantra. The reason the economy
tanked can be directly attributed to the repeal of the Glass Segal act that the last political genius signed [B. Clinton] There is no doubt GWs second term was a disaster. Putting this country in the hands of unbridled liberal Dem's led by a Mayer Daley
machine politician with a white washed past
and no experience at managing anything is
criminal. Look at the first 30 days a three
trillion dollar budget that's $26000 per taxpayer where do you think the money will come from. The fact is the economy is tanked
the stock market has lost 20% since Obama has
stimulated it. I agree we needed to change.
This Obamanation is a looting of the country.
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Nautiquehunter Nautiquehunter wrote:

that's $26000 per taxpayer where do you think the money will come from.

Wow.. I forgot about that. I just saved another $26,000 when I leave the workforce. Wife and I have set up our finances so that we will pay little to no taxes each year after retirement.

Man, it just keeps getting better..
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 2:35pm
The problem as I see it is with the other two segments of government. The Senate and Congress. Do some research on these players and see just how bad and corrupt they are. They have the power, abuse it, don't play by the rules themselves, cover stuff up, manipulate everything, refuse to take any blame and when things get bad they vote themselves a raise. Both parties have good and bad. The Senate and Congress, get the best healthcare, pensions, perks, and it is all at our expense. Why do you think so much money is spent to get elected. I honestly feel that these folks need term limits. Some are in office for decades because they play to the money that gets them re elected over and over. The regular Joe just doesn't stand a chance.

Obama wants us to believe his term will change this but from what we've seen so far it is business as usual. The deck is stacked and until the players change the game remains rigged.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 4:42pm
harddock
You are preaching to the coir
I hope I didnt mislead anyone by saying somthing good about GW. There is no real difference between the two parties both are corrupt neither do anything for the people unless its in their own best interest.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Nautiquehunter Nautiquehunter wrote:

harddock
You are preaching to the coir
I hope I didnt mislead anyone by saying somthing good about GW. There is no real difference between the two parties both are corrupt neither do anything for the people unless its in their own best interest.

Maybe I am but ya'll seemed like you were listening so I took advantage.
DeepCreekNauti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepCreekNauti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 6:14pm
Reminds me of Mel Brooks - "Hey, I didn't get a hurumph out of that guy"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2009 at 12:41pm
Obama did stress.....contracts will go to a bidding process in Iraq, what i got from that was in the past they were handed to GW's buddies....once again, all about the money, start a war spend some money.....Sadaam is long gone
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2009 at 1:09pm
Here is my take on GW, he is no better than the CEO's of the banks, He came to the Whitehouse as a businessman and ran it that way, not as a politician, his circle of friends includes these types, if you cant look at him and see that in his personality, take another look. If you put that guy in front of phychiatrist he would pick out the same thing, everyone seems to think we were doing just fine until the new guy got in and he is creating the mess, the day we stepped into Iraq was the beginning of the mess, predatory lending didnt start a month ago.
Obama was dropped into the middle of one pissed off beehive and Im going out on a limb here and think he wants to go down in the history books (which really matters to him) as the black Abraham Lincoln, I cant pick out businessman in him, if he is wealthy its because of his IQ not his relationships.
I read between the lines, bidding processes on contracts which he stressed, taxing the rich 250k plus, taxes on companies that want to make thier *************** in China, helthcare re-form. in 8 years we were dropped into a Depression, its not labeled that way but thats what were in....like it or not, it cant get worse so ride it out and see what happens
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2009 at 1:19pm
Eric, did you know that wet streets cause rain?
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2009 at 1:25pm
I know robbing the taxpayer causes a depression, it wasnt a robbery a more suitable term would be a violent raping
Greg, it is what it is and we dont have the power to change it, just maybe this guy has one sliver of compassion for me and you. a fact is a fact, Bush, got us in what were in and alot of greed was involved
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2009 at 1:38pm
Other names come to mind...Clinton, Pelosi, Reid, Frank, but I'm going to stay out of this.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

You do know that if Bush had vetoed any of the bills presented to him by congress, he had to veto the whole thing? That, to me, is something like congressional blackmail.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2009 at 1:42pm
I do know he used the excuse of WMD to convince you to go to Iraq, they can pick a zit off of a fleas ass in Indonesia with the intelligence available. the war machine cant sit idle for very long
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic