NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

70!! ...they’re predicting 70!

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 70!! ...they’re predicting 70!
    Posted: April-24-2008 at 8:08am
John,
I learned all that the hard way... "trial and error"... crashed my computer quite a few times by trying stuff LOL
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2008 at 11:46pm
Kristof: Thanks for trying to help...sounds kinda compicated to me. You guys make some of this stuff seem so easy. I always admire the skills some of you guys have.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2008 at 5:42am
John,

Here's a possibility of how to do that:
1. open web page of the weather center
2. push "Ctrl" & "Print Screen"
3. open your picture program (e.g. "Microsoft Office Picture Vieuwer")
4. paste image ("Ctrl"+"v")in that program
5. With the tools of this program crop the image until you have the above result (and resize until you have a size that can be posted here)
6. save image and your done...

You could also take a foto when the weather forecast is on TV

Kristof
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2008 at 2:49am
Adam: You gotta call me and explain how you do cool stuff like that weather thing.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2008 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by adamt adamt wrote:

Talk is cheap...where's the photographic proof you went out...AND DON'T POST ANY OF YOUR SUNBURN!!!

Here are some pics...
Sun started to shine a bit in the afternoon but before that... Not a chance of sunburn here...

BTW... Look who's talking about sunburn... In your neck of the woods you have that all year long

adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2008 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by 79Tique 79Tique wrote:

I was planing on taking my boat out today. I woke up to 2" of new snow and 20 degrees out. The computer says it's gonna be snowing all week.

I hate to state the obvious...but maybe you live in the wrong part of the country!!!

-Adam

1973 Skier
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2008 at 3:15pm

Talk is cheap...where's the photographic proof you went out...AND DON'T POST ANY OF YOUR SUNBURN!!!
-Adam

1973 Skier
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2008 at 6:45am
Well, believe it or not, but today I have my first sunburn...
Yesterday we had a weather change and it was a beautiful day, so we spent it on the lake! Temp was 18°C (64,4°F) and watertemp was about 9°C (42,2°F). Not really high summer, but good enough...
Did some skiing, my buddy did some barefooting and some cruising around on the river...

It felt great!!

79Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2008 at 1:25pm
I was planing on taking my boat out today. I woke up to 2" of new snow and 20 degrees out. The computer says it's gonna be snowing all week.

Work to live, not live to work.

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2008 at 11:13am

I know what you mean! But, I HOPE we are finally done with that white stuff! May is only a couple weeks away....gotta quit sometime?.... it does hafta quit, right?....sometime?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2008 at 10:03am
Notice how us New Englanders are real quite about the nice weather we're having this week?
We're scared if we say to much it'll snow again!
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 5:55pm
DING! DING! DING! DING!

Its official!!!....
   it just hit 70 degrees!!!!

First time since Oct.!!!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
79Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 4:36pm
You guys all seem to have it good. Last weekend it was 65 so I started getting the boat ready and got all excited. Today it's snowing and the forecast is for snow into next week. Oregon is pretty but from the pics Florida looks real nice to me!
Work to live, not live to work.

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Steve it's here...... After 130 some odd days 70deg is finally here... Man do we live in the wrong part of the country....

Moj

Moj,
Its NOT official here yet... only 61 out right now.. ahhhh getting closer..
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 3:04pm
Steve it's here...... After 130 some odd days 70deg is finally here... Man do we live in the wrong part of the country....

Moj
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 10:07am

One used tube for sale...cheap!!!

No need to sell.
I'm not the biggest fan of tubing (I own two), but if it will get someone behind the boat that wouldn't otherwise, especially kids, I'm all for it. I think our biggest beef is with the people who don't follow the "normal" patterns on the lake (can you say PWC?).
Have fun and keep pushing the kids to improve behind the boat.

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 4:16am
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

If one must pull a tube, a good solution is to run the rope through the lift ring, to the pylon. Most of the pull is on the pylon and you can still have people in the back seat. It relieves a lot of lateral pull on the lift ring.

Thanks Tull, I never would of thought of that, I guess that's why you're the engineer, I'm gonna give that a try. In my defense, the kids (twins) are only 10 years old and boating's new to them, they freak if I go over 10-15 mph when they're being towed, so there's not major stress on the pylon and/or ring.
-Adam

1973 Skier
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 4:52pm

One used tube for sale...cheap!!!
-Adam

1973 Skier
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 11:48am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

There is only one real solution!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 11:09am
If one must pull a tube, a good solution is to run the rope through the lift ring, to the pylon. Most of the pull is on the pylon and you can still have people in the back seat. It relieves a lot of lateral pull on the lift ring.

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 11:09am

but on top of that, he's pulling the tube from the rear lifting ring!!!

I remember reading on another post not to use the pylon when tubing, too much pressure, always open for advice from you pete, what did I do wrong? (besides owning a tube in the first place)

Adam, I remember several threads about not using the lifting ring for pulling! There were comments about deck damage and I have seen it. If you take a look at the lifting ring mounting you will see that it is designed to lift the boat. With a lateral force from pulling, most of that load goes to the deck which is usually just a hole through the glass. The pylon is made for pulling. Of coarse with the 60's, early 70's boats, they weren't much ether! A hole in the ply floor and a pin to the keel! At least with your Skier, you should have the floor reinforcement at the pylon. There is only one real solution!

We were pulling a tube with a 1988 Malibu Skier. It aint a Correct Craft, but the pylon is probably as strong as any out there. I have never seen it bend, even with my short, stout Polish buddy that can really pull, other than when we had a tube attached to it. It was pretty scary. If you use it, becareful on how much load you place on it.

BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 10:52am
Eric, to a tree or from a tree?!!? LOL Mapquest it...deland is down near Daytona. Lotsa boats there!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 9:49am
John, I talked to the trans guy yesterday, he is in Deland? Fla, he wants out badly, he sounds like he is in his 60's. is that a part of Florida where someone like me might get tied up to a tree?
"the things you own will start to own you"
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 7:39am

I remember reading on another post not to use the pylon when tubing, too much pressure, always open for advice from you pete, what did I do wrong? (besides owning a tube in the first place)

Adam, I remember several threads about not using the lifting ring for pulling! There were comments about deck damage and I have seen it. If you take a look at the lifting ring mounting you will see that it is designed to lift the boat. With a lateral force from pulling, most of that load goes to the deck which is usually just a hole through the glass. The pylon is made for pulling. Of coarse with the 60's, early 70's boats, they weren't much ether! A hole in the ply floor and a pin to the keel! At least with your Skier, you should have the floor reinforcement at the pylon. There is only one real solution!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 3:00am
Agree completely. Important thing at this age is to just get 'em on the water having fun.

Don't worry...no tubes for this guy.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 2:40am
I bought skis, a wakeboard and a kneeboard, your choice Jbear.

Anyone who is anti tubing obviously doesn't have any young children. They see other boats with one and that's what they want to do. You got to get them in the water somehow, so if I have to use tubing as a stepping stone to water skiing, then so be it. I figure tubing to kneeboarding to skiing or wakeboarding to barefootin'!!!

You guys have my word...Jbear will not be allowed on the tube...no matter how much he begs!!!
-Adam

1973 Skier
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 12:41am
Tubes are fine for the boys. Gotta have something for the kids. I would use the lift ring too.. Ya get more whip off the back of the boat. But please don't post any pics of me back there. It'd ruin my reputation.

eric: Lotsa work on boats down here. C'mon down for a few days and check it out.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2008 at 8:34pm
a great trick Adam is to hook a big ole garage spring in line for some competition tubing (real popular in Chicago Land) and you can really sling the guy on the tube, it actually is being considered for an Olympic event in 2012
"the things you own will start to own you"
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2008 at 3:07pm
Adam, The one time I was in a ski boat towing a tube, it was from the pylon and I'd never seen a pylon bend like that before. Definately do it off the lifting ring.
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2008 at 2:57pm

-Adam

1973 Skier
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic