NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fitting a SAN or SS Under a 7 Garage Door

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tachyon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tachyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fitting a SAN or SS Under a 7 Garage Door
    Posted: March-15-2008 at 1:56am
As I look through...and shop for...all of the SAN's online this spring (and Super Sports!), I was wondering if they all fit under a 7' garage door?

There seems to be a variety of trailers under the used SAN's on the market I'm curious if anyone has had issues getting one of these under a 7' door?

Also, I have looked at a few Super Sports from the mid & late 90's and they look as though the tower would be much taller than 7' tall when folded.

Anyone have experience or problems fitting a SAN or SS through a 7' door? If so, what trailer and/or boat was it with (SAN or SS)?

Thanks in advance!

Great forum by the way!

Manufacturer of the Super Deluxe Boom Mount!

www.tachyonmotorsports.com
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2008 at 3:16am
I have a 2001 SAN sitting on a tandem axle Sport Boat Trailer. With the trailer level, and the tower folded down, max height is 80" or 6'8". Without a tower, the windshield would sit at about 6"4".

How will you use that Super Deluxe Boom on a SAN?? BKH
Livin' the Dream

tachyon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tachyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2008 at 3:53am
Thanks for the height info!

Hopefully I'll use the SDBM on my new SAN, I only need 3" of straight pylon to bolt it to...maybe I could get by with 2" if I really push it. I have a new BI boom that I plan to use on it, so I'll figure out a way!

Thanks!

tachyon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tachyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2008 at 4:01am
After looking at a photo of a SAN pylon, it looks like there is plenty of room on it for the SDBM. After I get one I'll have to snap a few photos of it in place!

Or better yet, go to the CCfan.com reunion this summer and buy one of them at the auction! I am donating a few of them for Keith to auction off at the reunion!

Thanks!

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2008 at 11:41am
Rick,

I had a 99' Air with the first Gen FCT, that tower folded won't even come close to making it under a standard door, it barely cleared my 8' door.

For boats with the Gen 2 FCT the trailer is probably going to make the biggest difference on your overall height, my last couple have been Eagles, nice trailers but the boat sits a bit higher, current boat, a 206 w/Gen 2 FCT on dbl axle eagle is just about 7' tower folded.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2008 at 12:36pm
Good reason to go...Backfoot uses one of these and it is great. Very well thoughtout and made.
john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2008 at 12:59am
    Mine goes under my 7 ft door,but barely.Maybe a 1/2 inch to spare.2005 SAN on Ramlin single axle trailer.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
tachyon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tachyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2008 at 1:24am
Great info on the trailers guys, I really appreciate it. Anyone with a Dorsey out there?

Thanks in advance!

Rick

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic