NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Latest addition to our family

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2008 at 2:09pm
As this boat is as much for my wife and kids to use as it is for me to tinker with, I want any potential safety issues addressed. I have only had later model boats. I do all my own work on them, but they were always right when I got them.
I do appreciate the observations. Keep them coming.

81, I am a midwest guy. I would love to go to GL, and may do it. However, that is my first weekend home after a 3000 mile trip. Not sure how that will play out.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2008 at 7:32pm
Slayer,

I'm travelling 2200 miles each way just to get to GL.

Would be great if you could make it. This is the third year and I don't think we've seen any of the Minnesota guys yet.

It's a great time. Particularly if you are able to bring that old Mustang. There will be a bunch of boats from that vintage in attendance.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2008 at 7:58pm
Chris, you are mistaken. Pete has no life, he's the one on the computer posting all the time. He posts 7 times more than I do, and 2 times more that you do. You post 3 times more than me. You better quit playing with your wangcaster, cause Pete is going to out post you in his short time here.
Tim D
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2008 at 2:23am
Well I know how Tim feels...I sit around my computer hoping you'll stop by Chris.

Is your lady friend still over in Tampa/St. Pete?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 3:35pm
OK, I have a new carb, new distributor, plug wires, fuel line & filter, and steering cable, and cutlass bearing coming. I am going to run it once before I change the stuff, so I can settle up with the PO and also be able to note the difference in performance after getting rid of the vacuum advance. Bruce at MWCC suggested it would be pretty noticeable.

The steering appears to work fine now that it is in the 40's here, but it seems there must have been water in there somewhere that froze up. I still want to replace the cable, whether it is needed or not.

Any other initial suggestions as to what I should look at? I mostly want to just make the boat ultra safe and clean her up a bit for this season.

BKH, are you driving? or flying? I would really like to go to GL, we'll see...

Mike

Mike N

1968 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 3:40pm
Slayer, I've flown the last two years. THIS YEAR WE DRIVE so that we can bring a boat.

I wanted to take the boat back at least once before my daughter reaches school age, gets involved in lots of activities, and I can't spare 10 days to meet up with a bunch of beer swilling CC enthusiasts.

It should be a great trip.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

THIS YEAR WE DRIVE so that we can bring a boat.

Are you going to bring your brother's MC?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

THIS YEAR WE DRIVE so that we can bring a boat.

Are you going to bring your brother's MC?

Only if 79Nautique will ride with us BKH
Livin' the Dream

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 4:45pm
That's great Brian! And what a road trip that'll be, 2100+/- miles. I supposed you'll take I-80 as far as you can and then head right up thru the middle of Chicago, right? I know better than that.

So we won't plan on you cruising the pontoon with us this year then, but instead looking forward to taking a ride on your boat. I feel rather silly in that my main reason for going in on the outrageous $$$ pontoon was for the dogs.

As to boat rides, I really missed out last year, as I only rode in about 3 other boats while there. I never got a ride in Tim's neck snapper, BoatDr's rocket, or either of Stang's colorful craft, nor so many of the other neat boats. I'll change that this year. Stang by way I hope will be thawing out and returning soon.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 10:38pm
Reid,

Seemed like a few of the gals were pretty happy to be up on the pontoon and out of the choppy water last year.

I'd be pleased if you would like to take my boat for a spin. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Geno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2008 at 7:30pm
Nice Mustang!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic