NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Indianapolis Boat show.

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Indianapolis Boat show.
    Posted: February-21-2008 at 9:09pm
Anyone hit up the indy boat sport and travel show. It was just alright this year with the majority of the boats being pontoons(which by the way are extremely to nice to take out on the water).

Correct craft dissappointed me. The only thing they had there were SAN's. I will give it to CC for having the best looking wakeboarding boats tho they arent to thick like the others.

mastercraft had some scary looking Gigantic wakeboard boats and only one pro star. It was a very good looking orange color and an over all good looking boat. They had some cool sparkel(bass boat) gell cote on some of the wakeboard boats that was cool looking on an ugly ass boat.

Malibu had one slalom boat and the corvette boat which was pretty deecent in person. Everything else they had were huge ass excueses for an inboard.

My buddy works for the supra dealership and they really didnt have anything that caught my eye. They also had a few moombas but nothing special.

There was hardly anyone with waterski equpment.

Thats it for ski boats. All the boats there by the way were outragiously over priced even the moombas. Its still fun to look though.
Bryan89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 10:14pm
I went last weekend, I was also a little disappointed in the lack of ski boats. The boat show indicated to me that wakeboarding rules, unfortunately slalom skiers are a dying breed. I could not believe the prices of these boats, most of the trailers would cost more than I have in my '89 SN. I was also surprised to see that there is a new Nautique dealer in town.
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 11:26pm
Was there yesterday and MD Boats, who has been the CC dealer for over 10 yrs in Indy, is now a Ski Centurion dealer. A new dealership was formed calling its' self N3 Boatworks now is the CC dealer. Both dealership are only a couple of blocks apart. Should be interesting to see which one catches on more in sales with the market the way it is. MD says they can sell almost the same boat for $40,000 less than a CC which is good for the person on a limited budget.
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2008 at 10:50am
I attended the Detroit show last Sunday. All of the big three were well represented.
Phat, I thought the Corvette boat actually was pretty tight, though I might get some heat from the guys here. It did scream, "look at me".
The Detroit show had a good balance of Ski and Wakeboard. The CC Super Air in red was sweet. Didn't care for the one with the step risers in the middle of the side seats.
I don't think the MC X-35 and X-80 are quite big enough to put out a decent wakesurf wake.

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2008 at 5:40pm
I didnt think they were all that big either steve;) haha. The vette boat I saw was yellow with the ls7 option. I think id like it in red better. The trailers are really nice with the zo6 vette wheels. For the price the boat really has no function though. Althought id rather have a super fast inboard over a fast IO.

All of us indy dudes should have a small reunion on giest or something this summer.
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2008 at 8:45pm
phatsat67

Let me know and if I am not working I can do.. A lot of my summer work is on the wk- ends, mainly Sat.

My office ph is 255-4297. When we do boat it usually is Thurs afternoon till dark on Geist, usually end up in Cocktail Cove. Just boat, look and enjoy, too old for any water sports.
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2008 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Behl Behl wrote:

...Just boat, look and enjoy, too old for any water sports.

I read that statement and was going to give you some grief. But then I read your profile.. I figure pushing 70yrs old is a little late to start barefooting. But then again, Banana George, at 90+ is still footing on the boom.
We'll break out the tube for you.

Indy would be a great area for a reunion.

Phatsat, they had that Corvette boat in red, very cool.

Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2008 at 9:58pm
I heard the price was around $105,000.00!!!!

I still like my OLD boats
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2008 at 11:04pm
Me too behl. My boats usually up at my cabbin in warsaw all summer long but before i take it up there one weekend we could go out or after i get it back in town when we start using it as the school practice boat I could run over to giest. Ive always wanted to crusie around that lake and see the sights. You can just watch me do watersports since your to old haha. We need to scrub up a few more indiana dudes to come out and flex some classic CC muscle on giest, and or anyone else that wants to come i.e. tullfooter haha.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2008 at 11:19pm
Phat

We ski down in Warsaw every year in a Show Ski tournament. This year it will be the Central Region Division II Championships.
The lake, Hidden Lake, is a 23 acre private lake owned by a member of our favorite team, the Lake City Skiers.
I'd love to come down for a mini reunion if it's early or late in the season. Our team schedule takes up most of the summer's weekends.

Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2008 at 11:22pm
Shoot dude just come out to chapman with me. I went to a ski show there 2 summers ago and we have been many times before that. Hidden lake just off 15. It takes about 7 minutes to get there from our cabbin when will you be in town? We can throw back a few beers and you can come ride in the 2001 haha. I talked to a guy from the skiers last year and he wanted me to ski base for the pyramid but im never in town during the week. I think a girl from the lake city skiers actually goes to ball state with me but she hasnt contated our ski team.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2008 at 11:51pm
Phat

That's one of my problems, it's the same weekend as the GL reunion. While we are in Warsaw, we always head to a lake that's about 3 miles east of Hidden Lake to do some early morning footing. I'm not sure if it's Chapman.

Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2008 at 11:53pm
hmm probably is chapman is almost directly east of there thats probably where you go. Do you go in the guys closed bow nautique?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2008 at 12:05am
No sorry, closed bow white and teal Supra
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2008 at 12:05am
I'm in South Bend....

Rob
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2008 at 12:11am
Hmm havent seen that one foot. Come on down rob well have a good old time haha. The guy with the nautique was who i talked to last year. Id almost bet that ur hitting up chapman. You will have to let me know i cant foot but i really want to learn this year and if all else fails ill drive and pull all you footers.
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2008 at 1:51am
I use to spend a lot of my summer wk-ends on Tippy, which is in that area, where my Grandparents had a place. Sure wish it was still in the family. Had to be sold to pay family member med bills.

Use to go see the big bands at Tippy Gardens back in the 50's and early 60's. Really enjoyed them for I spent a couple of summers during that time frame overseas playing in a big band in a USO show. We were all Purdue students.
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2008 at 3:31am
Ive never been on tippy but there to the marinas alot over there its usually way more packed there now days than our lake is. There is a sweeet DART wood boat in the barn at patona bay marina that boat is amazing. Our cabbin was built in 62 by my great grandparents thankfully its still in the family.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic