Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Airguide Speedometer Gauge

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
77nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airguide Speedometer Gauge
    Posted: February-04-2008 at 4:49pm
I am looking for a lens for one of my airguide speedometers and am having a hell of a time. I have been told that airguide discontinued making these types of speedometers. I have a 77 Ski Nautique- any help on finding a lens cover for my airguide gauge would be very much appreciated...

Please email me at david@theeyespy.com.

Thank you,

David
David Lewis

77 Ski Nautique

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2008 at 5:02pm
Try reading a bit- lots of info here.

http://correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9541

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2008 at 5:31pm
TRBenj, thank you. I saw the post you mentioned above right after i posted mine. I wanted to order a pair today but boat is in storage and i do not have measurements. Do you happen to know the measurements of stock airguide speedos off of a 77 ski nautique?
David Lewis

77 Ski Nautique

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2008 at 5:40pm
I dont. I would guess they would be the same size as the newer speedos, but Im not sure.
Sam B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2008 at 9:19pm
I think you will find the glass to be 90mm.

Hope this helps Sam
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2008 at 11:08pm
Sam is right, I bought the 90mm for my 87SN. They fit perfectly. I would double check before ordering.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2008 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by anthonylizardi anthonylizardi wrote:

Sam is right, I bought the 90mm for my 87SN. They fit perfectly. I would double check before ordering.

Remember, a '77 and '87 used different bezels- so the dimensions of the glass may not be the same. I would guess that they would be, but Im not 100% sure.

Sam, what year is your boat?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2008 at 11:50pm
Although in the picture they look about the same size I agree with Tim. Maybe somebody can measure them for you. I would recommend you check them just in case. If getting to boat is a big problem you can buy a couple of 90mm and 120mm. They cost less than $2 each. Hopefully one of them they would fit. Good luck, if you have an adjuster don't forget to buy some diamond drill bit for your Dremmel to drill the hole.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2008 at 3:35pm
Thank you for all of the info, i appreciate it. Last night i was able to get to my boat, popped off the lens on my other speedometer and measured it at 3 5/8 in. which works out to be 3.625 in. . So i will go with the 90mm glass. Really liking this site and lovin workin on my boat!!!!!!
David Lewis

77 Ski Nautique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2008 at 6:23pm
This site is like an addictive encyclopedia. I have learned a lot. The cool thing is everybody really wants to help you. That's kind of rare to find.
ClassicBoatwork View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClassicBoatwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2008 at 7:58pm
I think I can help. Let me know exactly what you need. A photo would be good.l
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic