NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Getting settled in TN

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting settled in TN
    Posted: January-06-2008 at 11:37pm
Happy New Year to all. The family and I are getting settled in here in Knoxville TN. The lakes around here are very nice.
We are renting a home right now to locate a new home or build one. I will be traveling to the Denver Boat show and to the Madison WI boat Show in a few weeks. I will be back in the Charlotte, area in Feb. to visit family.

Cheers,   
Mike
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2008 at 12:00am
Mike: Great to see you back on. You sure are in a beautiful area. If you like ribs...try Calhoons on the river.

Hope to see you guys when we are out at Norris in July. Try Hickory Star marina in Maynardville. Ask for Kelly on the dock and he will fix you up. Patti and I have a small modular house out there at the marina that is open to you for a weekend getaway when ever you need it. You can try to e-mail me thru the profile so I can give you the particulars or try the old fashioned method of giving me a phone call. You'll love it there.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
jdreiser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdreiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2008 at 1:02am
Mike,

Welcome to Knoxville. I boat on Norris in an 81 blue SN. Stop me if you are out there.

John
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2008 at 1:21am
Hey John...where about are you on Norris? We have been at Hickory Star for 30 years. I have a '80 burgandy Nautique.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

NCH2OSKI View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH2OSKI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2008 at 10:21am
Welcome to East Tn. Come on over to Calhouns on the river off of Neiland drive on Saturday from 10am till 3ish. The anual eskimo eskipade fund raising event will be going on. Its lots of fun, bring your ski and get a pull. Looks like it will live up to its name this year. http://www.eskimoescapades.com/home/home.shtml
jdreiser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdreiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2008 at 1:41am
jbear,

I live in Halls and keep the boat at the house. We ususally boat from the Dam, Loyston, or Andersonville (er I mean Waterside), depending on the day of the week or time of the year.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2008 at 1:53am
John: Gotta meet up! We shop in Halls all the time as there is really not much in Maynardville (yet). You go all the way up to the Dam? We boat in the Loyston sea all the time. Used to go to Andersonville when it was just that. Now that it is Waterside (ugh) it is a bit to much. We will be there in July with our club from Ohio. Been going there for about 35 years! Seen lots of change!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

jdreiser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdreiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2008 at 12:28am
jbear,

The dam is actually the closest run from where I live - just up Andersonville Pike. We usually head up Lost Creek in the Spring and Summer early on the weekends but head up Loyston during the weekdays and in the falls. See you in July!

John
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2008 at 2:05am
Been up the Lost Creek many a time. Well after over 30 years of going to Hickory Star I'd like to think I've been just about everywhere on our end of the Lake.

Can't wait to see ya in July!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2008 at 2:32am
I went down to Watts Bar lake the other weekend and it was nice over there. Cant wait to take the boats out and explore the area.
JBear thanks for the offer on the cabin, that would be nice to meet up with you so you can show me around. We need to Reid P to come up too.

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2008 at 10:28pm
I'm in! I've been on Watts Bar skiing before also and loved it. Got a wireless construction buddy that lives there.

If we've got to go up and hang out with jbear too, then so be it. Call me Mike and give me a low down.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2008 at 12:20am
If I had a choice between Norris and Watts bar it'd be Norris...hands down. We will see you guys in July for sure and Mike, if you need the place just let me know.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

jdreiser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdreiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2008 at 1:40pm
I second jbear. Norris is incomparably cleaner than Watts Bar.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2008 at 12:41am
Sounds like we got us a plan for another "mini reunion"...on Norris sometime in July.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 2:43am
This is sounding better all the time. I think we can build the fan base in TN. I will be at the Madison WI boat show this weekend for work , Just got back from Denver, Co show
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic