Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

removeable or swing tongue

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mckin007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mckin007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: removeable or swing tongue
    Posted: November-01-2007 at 12:13am
has anyone added a swing hitch or removeable tongue to a correct craft trailer? any tips?
nautique girl
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2007 at 11:50am
Nautique Girl,
Certainly can be done.. Either fabricate something custom through a welder, or just to to Overtons and check this out..

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?r=view&i=74266

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2007 at 1:44pm
Or, if you have a Rimlin trailer you can order the tongue from a Nautique dealer.
mckin007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mckin007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2007 at 3:40pm
thanks....the quote I got was starting @ $750 and the guy made it seem that it was hard to do and very time consuming.
So now I have a couple other resources.
All I know is that it is single axle trailer
nautique girl
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2007 at 4:42pm
When I bought my boat it came with a trailer where the bunk have been raise to clear the fins and prop. I start asking for price to modify it and I remember that they started quoting me about $800. I ask for advice and everybody told me that I could get ski boat trailer for that amount. I bought CC Rimlin with brakes for $1000. They seem to overcharge for this kind of work.
2_Nautiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_Nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2007 at 6:11pm
I believe it will make a difference in what type/style trailer you have. My 88 CC trailer would be very difficult to add a swing tongue to. It has the support channels that run almost to the front of the trailer.
I have installed a home made swing tongue to my 20' Hydrodyne flat top and it was very easy. This trailer had a section of rectangular tubing for several feet before the hitch which made it a piece of cake to fab and install.
mckin007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mckin007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2007 at 2:50pm
yea....... my trailer is an 87 CC trailer.......so that makes it more difficult.
thanks
nautique girl
mckin007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mckin007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2007 at 2:54pm
did your trailer have brakes?
nautique girl
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2007 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by mckin007 mckin007 wrote:

did your trailer have brakes?

Our '88 CC trailer had brakes. The '87s that Ive seen do not. I think that was the year CC switched.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic