NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Boat CCF family

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2007 at 1:17am
Might be time to replace that riser gasket! Nice looking boat though.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2007 at 2:17am
Nate:

"semi"???

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2007 at 7:35pm
haha jbear...."Semi" "kinda boner" haha sorry for the confusion.

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2007 at 7:58pm
M3Fan, no gasket leaks, for some reason when the dealers around here winterize they pull the risers off. Thus leaving the water lines on the side. I have checked all three times I have driven the boat. NO leaks underway, no leaks while idling. But I am keeping a close eye on.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2007 at 2:49pm
James,
    Whats the deal, you sandbagging over here or what we need to know how that thing runs out. Top speed, hole shot compared to the BFN, how many deep water starts, enquiring minds want to know.
-Joe.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2007 at 8:30pm
No sandbagging. The hole shot is great, the speedo is reading 47-48mph. That is with a dinging four blade. I have to look at the spare prop that came with the boat and see what shape it is in. I have a spare for it also that is in better shape. Still my brother is the only one to foot behind it since I got it. For various reason bad weather, work, conflict in his schedule and mine.

We have plans to take both boats out on sunday morning and give them a run down. I will report on the results if it happens. I plan on cleaning both of them up next week, work permitting.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2007 at 2:58pm
Quick update, my bother Dennis barrowed the Air over the week end to help his buddy get is boat off the lake. His buddy has a mastercrap that for some reason wouldn't run. So he towed it to the boat ramp for him.

I am looking forward to taking Friday off work providing the weather will be nice. I want to run the two boats together and check performance on both. Plus I am hoping the prop that the boat doc was kind enough to send me to try out on the BFN will be here by then.

I think a set of hi-teks are in the pythons future as well. I have to get some measurements and talk to Allen and see if he can make them.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2007 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

I think a set of hi-teks are in the pythons future as well. I have to get some measurements and talk to Allen and see if he can make them.

Why not just test fit the ones from the BFN?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2007 at 5:41pm
Tim
I planned on taking the ones off the BFN this winter when the season comes to an end. If they fit I would just order another set the same way. I wanted to take measurements of the engine cover to see what amount of room is under the cover if any. That way I know if there is any room for tolerance or if they have to be right on.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2007 at 11:26pm
Here are some pics at the lake.

My oldest brother Dennis is driving both boats in the pics. MRS. BFN wanted to ride with me, so that is how that happened.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2007 at 11:30pm
Oh yeah after todays runs the results are in. The Air is about half a boat length faster out of the hole. Top end the BFN wins out by about 1-2MPH. But today for some reason I was not qhite getting everything from the Air. I was leaving me about 200rpms shy of WOT. If I remember right, I know this is going to sound weird but my previous python was tempermentle to the weather and water conditions. Anyone else experience this with there boat. BFN performed flawlessly as always. The speedo on the Air was touching on 47. The other day it was running a steady 48-49, flirting with 50MPH. I do thing a tune up will also help. As the previous owner told me he had not changed the plugs.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2007 at 11:50pm
I think I need to fix that link it work a second ago when I tried it I must have done something wrong, lets see if I can get her fixed.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2007 at 11:57pm
let try this again.

]hole shot[/URL]
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2007 at 11:59pm
It worked for me let me know if it works for everyone else,
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2007 at 12:00am
Now that works better.

Looks like lots of fun...sounds good too. Thats the way them boats oughta be used!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2007 at 12:01am
Thanks, it work the first time I had it up when I tested. Then something, changed looks like I got it now though. I really like the exhaust note they both have.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2007 at 12:53am
Yikes, did you go from neutral to WOT without putting it into gear first?

Youre getting 48-49mph out of the BFN at only 4400rpm? What size is that prop again? I love the look of that boat at speed.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2007 at 5:50pm
Tim, no neutral drops here. We put them in gear, let it ingauge then hit it. The prop on the BFN is a 13x14. Of course the speeds are off the speedos Tim no GPS readings yet.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2007 at 6:24pm
Was cleaning the boat yesterday and decided to get some pics of it. Plus I am thinking about test fitting the set of Hi-Teks off the BFN on the Air. If they work and there is a performance gain more than likely I will be ordering another set.

The boat doc was asking me how they routed the dual exhaust so here is the best pic that I could get with out removing the fuel tank.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2007 at 6:51pm
M3Fan, by the way you were right the riser gasket has a small leak. When I test drove it I did not notice it. I check the sides of the engine cover for water and water around the riser when I test drove it but I didn't find any. I took it for a ride yesterday before going footing with the BFN and found the leaks. No water in the oil or anything like that so just need to change the gaskets or replace with Hi-Teks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic