Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What’s our boat worth???

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mci1nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mci1nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What’s our boat worth???
    Posted: July-24-2007 at 2:40am
I own a '92 ski nautique open bow in Northeastern Ohio. We love our boat and really don't want to part with it.
A couple friends have mentioned wanting it if we ever wanted to part with it. I checked kelly blue book, and the NADA guides, but I really don't think I could go that low. It's in excellent condition, with custom bimini, perfect pass and only 800 hrs. We get lots of compliments. I've been looking for other '92 nautique open bows at several online services but they must be pretty rare as not many are available.

Any help you could give, I would appreciate it. Like I said, we may never sell it. If we do, it will be to only go to a newer nautique.

Thanks!
Briman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Briman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2007 at 4:12am
I just bought an older boat but I can tell you from experience. Nada high value puts your boat at 8800. Tack on about a thousand to that and thats probably what you should get out of it. Most of that is for the trailer. If you got about $10,000 I'd say go for it because sadly thats all you will probably be able to get for it. Brian
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2007 at 9:41am
Briman, I'd have to disagree. I'd say the range of value for the boat with the trailer would realistically be 10-13k. The open bow is at least a 1000.00 premium, plus perfect pass which adds 1000.00 in my book (since, personally I view it as a must-have option so it saves me the 1000 if it's already in). It is a fairly rare boat.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2007 at 12:20pm
I'm not so sure the premium for PP is $1000. I just don't think folks add that much for a PP. BKH
Livin' the Dream

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2007 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

I'm not so sure the premium for PP is $1000. I just don't think folks add that much for a PP. BKH

For me, it's a must-have. That means if I were to buy a boat without it, I always factor in another 1200 for Perfect Pass because I have to install it no matter what. Others who might not be so hooked on Perfect Pass might not value it as much. I think it's one of the few aftermarket add-ons that actually hold value, like a tower.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2007 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

I'd say the range of value for the boat with the trailer would realistically be 10-13k.

Id say that price range is pretty close- definitely towards the high end if the boat is in nice shape. I was keeping an eye out for Keith when he was looking for a SNOB of that vintage, and they were mostly listed in the $12-15k range.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2007 at 2:10pm
There are not enough 1992 SNOBs for sale or sold on the site but there are plenty of boats in the'91-'93 range. Take a look at this listing and you'll see the price index. There is one insane high listing of $24k, however with a sample of 31 boats, the average price of $13k seems right (again this price index is not specific for an open bow).

Tim is right, I was finding a 92-94 SNOB, in good shape, to be $13k-16k.

Another thing to consider ... since it's a 1992, there are wood stringers and a wood floor in your boat. As long as they are in good shape, no issue. If they are not in good shape, it will reduce the price. For your reference, in 1993 Correct Craft when to a fiberglass floor and fiberglass stringer system.

[Edit]
Color also matters. I was finding some pretty ugly colors from that time period. If you have some timeless colors (like blue, black, or red) that will also make it worth more.

For your reference, here are two SNOBs currently for sale on the site:
1993 SNOB
1994 SNOB

Make sure to list your boat here first. I think you'll find a more educated buyer that would apprecaite the boat and understand what it is worth.

Good luck!

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2007 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

I'd agree with Brian. When I look at two boats of a similar condition and price, and one has PP and one does not, I would definitely buy the one with PP. However, I probably would pay more than $250 extra for a boat that has it vs. one that doesn't. Boat condition and performance matter most. Then color, then extras.

With all that said, I would suggest that a boat owner who invests in PP probably would tend to take better care of their boat making it worth more.
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2007 at 2:45pm
I wouldn't use PP to weigh between two boats- I agree that engine and condition are top priorities. However, purely from a dollar standpoint, I mentally add "1000" to the final boat price in my mind if it doesn't have PP, seeing as I'll inevitably have to install it.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2007 at 2:57pm
Joel I understand your point. Like a good prop for some, radio for others, PP is a must have for you (and I should probably add my name to that list now that I have it ) and PP cost $1,000 new. To the right buyer, this adds some real value.

So, mci1nc, unless the engine is bad or you need a new floor or upholstery ... I'd say your boat should be worth at least $13k to the right buyer.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
mci1nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mci1nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2007 at 9:14pm
Hey thanks for the help. You all pretty much support what I was thinking. I just completely rebuilt the trailer, purchased a custom matching cover and the boat is the solid blue with grey accents. All the stringers and floor is in excellent shape. Six years ago, we purchased it for 15K and have used it. I was shocked when someone at the lake told me I'd be crazy to take less than 14K for it. I'll upload a picture as soon as I pull them off my wife's computer. Thanks again for the help.
mci1nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mci1nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2007 at 9:25pm
As far as the perfect pass goes, my wife who is the primary driver for my son and me, told me that if we ever did go to a newer boat, that perfect pass would be the one "must have" in order for her to go along with it (that and the fact that it must be a nautique...)

I'm guessing many water ski divorces would never happen if every couple invested in the perfect pass.

As for the value, every 35 hours the oil is changed. The Impeller is swapped out at the end of every season as well as the transmission fluid.

Thanks again.
Owner of 1992 Ski Nautique open bow
Former owner of 1996 ski Nautique 176
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2007 at 9:48pm
........whats a 94 cb red/black nautique w/
1250 hrs
5.8 carbed ho boss 351- (eat off engine)
great condition
all new stereo(2 amps subwoofer 4 insides) equipment-all polk audio, bazooka amps
2 batterys w/ perko
extra acme 422 4 blade
acme 3 blade ###
extra carpet vinyl to reupholster the whole boat
2 new good year marathons
new bearings races seals magnets
electric trailer brakes
trailer is fair condition.....needs some love but works great(no holes etc).rust spots & wood is getting soft on sides
lots of nib parts plugs wires thermo belts etc............worth in your guys opinion????
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2007 at 12:33pm
pp=marriage saver
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic