NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Get ’em started young...

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get ’em started young...
    Posted: May-25-2007 at 7:33pm
Hi everybody. I have a '74 Mustang 17 that doesn't have a swim platform. I bought a huge platform off an old sailboat for cheap and have taken it apart to build my new platform. My three year old, who loves to work on the boat, insisted on helping take it apart, so I let him have a go at one of the screws. Here's a
picture of my son taking it apart. He's got skills with a cordless drill to make his old dad proud.

My 1974 Mustang 17

TroopTrack
: The Best Scouting Software
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2007 at 9:31pm
That shot is worth a thousand smiles, these are the times we remember when we get old...
Is that hammer big enough for the tear down??????
The slats on mine are 1 in. wide, your looks a little large, maybe 2 in. But at teaks price and a little wordworking skill you can have a top notch platform for cheap.......boat dr
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2007 at 10:04pm
I bought the little rubber mallet for my daughter when she was 2 so she could help with the demolition of a poorly finished basement (first house). It's been passed along to Eli since then and he uses it with relish.

My slats are 1 7/8" wide. I know it's a little wide, but I like the look and I think I might stick with it. The slats are grooved around the edges on top and it looks kind of cool. However, I could cut them down to an inch easily enough.

I'm going to have a lot of wood left over when I'm finished. I'll have to think of something to do with it. Anyone need teak scraps?
My 1974 Mustang 17

TroopTrack
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2007 at 10:10pm
My 4 year old's name is Eli as well..... cool

Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2007 at 11:19pm
It's a small world. I can't wait till Eli's big enough to board.
My 1974 Mustang 17

TroopTrack
freemanca View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freemanca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2007 at 5:20am
Wow, my youngest son's name is Eli as well....

Chris
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2007 at 7:40am
It's a thread for little Eli's... One more picture of Eli from last night I couldn't resist posting...

The swim platform and tower go on tonight. I'll post pictures of the boat soon.
My 1974 Mustang 17

TroopTrack
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic