NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is this worth?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dborrelli View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dborrelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is this worth?
    Posted: April-16-2007 at 11:12pm
Hello everyone! I finally bought a Ski Nautique and I am curious of its value. Here are the specs

1978 Ski nautique
351 pcm
ok interior
no back seat   added fatsac bench
new fuel tank and plugs
wiring needs some minor work
engine runs strong and clean.
The hours on this boat are unknown. The hour meter stopped at 512 (one of the wiring issues)

Came with trailer
Exterior is in bad shape. Everything above water line is ok but below is where the spider cracks in the gelcoat are. They are all over the bottom of the boat. (i can't believe the people i bought it from neglected it for so long. And they are doing it to there newer one)

Teak is in great shape.   

Other than all of this, this boat is great and does everything I need it to.   

So, with all this to consider, what do you think the estimated value of the boat is?

I will post pictures when i get a chance

Thanks DB
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2007 at 11:25pm
You might be setting yourself up for disappointment, with that question. Didn't you already buy it?
Scott
dborrelli View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dborrelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2007 at 11:47pm
Im not dissapointed one bit. I paid $2500 for it. I know the gelcoat could potentially be a huge problem but I figure that its a project and since I love to work on boats, I don't mind. Here is the only picture I have of it so far. Any input would be great. Thanks DB

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c202/DBorrelli/78skinautique.jpg
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 12:01am
I like those vented front windows. Congrats on the boat.

Chuck

Sorry, I'm not much of an appraiser.
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 12:20am
Value....for 2500.00 and it runs well...sounds like a good deal!

Buff hell out of it with a high speed buffer and compounds and it should shine again! Don't
worry about spider cracks below the water line.

New interior and your rollin!

stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 12:27am
Here's DB's boat. BKH

Livin' the Dream

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 2:03pm
I like it, spider cracks below the water line are not worth fixing IMHO, other than a boat show they don't have any effect. I suppose you could sand and gel or sand and bottom paint but I would rather have the boat with the original gel cote and spider cracks than one with a worked bottom. Worth more than 2.5k enjoy it and congratulations.
-Joe.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
martini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 2:25pm
DB, is that Lake Austin?
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 3:35pm
Looks good. Congratulations
Scott
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 3:50pm
Boat looks good from here, if it runs well and does what you need sounds like a good deal to me.

I always liked the dark blue that CC used back then.
dborrelli View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dborrelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by martini martini wrote:

DB, is that Lake Austin?

That is Lake Austin. I am amazed that you can recognize it from that picture.
martini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 5:37pm
That is the launch I generally use when I go to lake Austin. You can see a more serene day of this area in this picture.

dborrelli View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dborrelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 5:46pm
I still can't belive you recognized that. Email me sometime I got some questions DB
martini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 5:54pm
Will do. Here's another..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic