NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1967 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
LakeHoliday View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeHoliday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 12:41pm
79nautique, thanks for the info. I can't for the life of me find the 2nd drain plug on the block. The one on the port side was easy, but on the other side, the starter is covering where I would think it would be (across from the drain on the other side). I found four on the exhaust (two in front that do nothing due to the way the engine is tilted and two near the rear that drained fine). What elbow are you referring to? I also don't see one on the tranny cooler. I'll look again tonight when I get home.

As far as the carb goes, I'll forget about the wedge then. I wish it had a 450cfm on it... but all I have is the new Holley 4160 600cfm and the original (needs rebuilt) Holley 600cfm as well (which makes me question why a 600cfm was on this engine to begin with. Anyway, I'm still working on how to get a 450cfm.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 1:07pm
You may not have a drain on the tranny cooler. Even if you do, pulling the lower hose off is easier anyways.

If your 302 is like my 351, there are drains on both sides of the block like '79 said. The starboard drain is in a similar location as the port side, but closer to the front of the block. If the Interceptor is the same as the PCM, the elbow in question is on the front of the motor, shown here:

Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 1:17pm
Brice

My 302 has a drain like the one pictured above. The drains on the engine are at about the same height on the block; however, one is toward the front and the other towards the rear. I do not remember which side is which.

Steve

P.S. Have tried the puller? No rush
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeHoliday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 3:33pm
TRBenj, thanks for the photo. That helps.

Steve, no... I haven't had a chance to try the prop puller yet. I'll definitely give it a try this weekend but it's still too cold to get it out on the water to see how the 12x13 performs compared to the 12x12.

Thanks,
Brice
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeHoliday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2007 at 9:44pm
Well, my engine looks *very* different from TRBenj's. But I did find enough drain plugs and removed enough hoses to get all the water out. I had to replace one hose too as I found it had a hole rubbed through it from hitting the alternator belt. I wondered where that extra water came from. hehe

Okay... the prop puller... WOW! Talk about taking some effort to get that to pop. Oh, and when it pops... it REALLY pops. I hit myself in the head with the wrench! ;) I thought I'd never get the prop off. Thanks for the tip (some other post) about putting a piece of 2x4 between the prop and the hull when tightening the prop puller. That worked like a charm other than when it decided to come loose from the taper... it did so with quite a bit of energy. Anyway, the 12x13 is now on there. I won't get a chance to try it tomorrow as there is supposed to be up to 1" of SNOW accumulation! What is wrong with Indiana weather? Oh well...

By the way, I fixed the hose so there is no way it can rub on the alternator belt now. I did find a few other "issues" that I'll need to post photos to ask questions about though.

Thanks again to everyone for the help so far and especially Steve for letting me borrow the prop puller.

More photos to follow...

- Brice
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic