NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone near Hamptonville, NC?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
freemanca View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freemanca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone near Hamptonville, NC?
    Posted: March-11-2007 at 8:01pm
You guys have been great with information so far. Is there anyone in the Hamptonville, NC area that would be willing to provide feedback on a '77 SN?

1977 Ski Natuique

I don't mind driving (I'm in AL) for a good boat but do not yet know the best questions to ask via email to determine if this might be worth the drive or $$ depending on how the bidding goes.

Thanks guys,

Chris
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2007 at 8:09pm
First question would be, "what is the reserve?". That could be a deal breaker. Starting bid of 3500 looks good, but thats a starting bid.

-JMurph
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2007 at 8:14pm
freemanca,

I'm not sure what kind of wake your looking for, but this looks like a really cool boat.

1970 Marauder in FL

It's not that far from you (yikes). Anyway, it was still for sale as of last week and someone looked at it said it started right up and ran well. It is a little altered with the tower, but if that doesn't bother you I think it looks pretty nice. Sweet motor at the very least. BTW, right in your price range also.

EDIT: Honest opinion- If I was in FL, I would buy that boat. Who can resist the 426? Ok JBear, go ahead and jump on it. I'll take the '80 off your hands. I hear it needs a little motor work.

-JMurph
freemanca View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freemanca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2007 at 8:36pm
I'm in B'ham so that's probably about a 10 hour drive. :-)

Being pretty new to this, that seems pricey for a 37 year old boat. That too is relative as well I understand.

I have 4 kids under the age of 11 so not particular on type of wake at this point. Just a solid SN they can have fun behind, start learning, and then move up in a few years maybe.

Still learning what to look for. Thanks for the input.

Chris
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2007 at 8:54pm
Well Chris, that Marauder is a slightly larger boat than the '77 SN, however it is not a Ski Nautique. It is a Correct Craft though and it looks like a barrel of fun. I don't personally know anything about that boat.

I have three kids (oldest is five, youngest is five months) and have the same needs right now. Just to have fun!

-JMurph
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2007 at 9:51pm
John: I do like the look of that 426. But I am a Blue Oval guy. Besides my pit crew would be upset if I parted with the '80. And I am sure you remember the caption MM put beneath Backfoot's picture "don't wanna piss this guy off"!

Can't imagine what it would take for me to part with the '80.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2007 at 10:11pm
Don't worry jbear, I would treat your pit crew with the utmost respect. Blue Oval or not, I think anyone can appreciate that 426. Let's call it a present for Mrs. JBear.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2007 at 10:35pm
Now that is just the kind of present any good wife would enjoy!

Reid did say you were a very respectful guy.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 8:36am
Chris,

That 77' looks to be in pretty decent shape. I do not believe those are the original stripes on the side and the teak was added. Does not look like the trailer has a prop guard.

My first Nautique was a 77', it was a great boat, solid and dependable. One thing with that hull is the boat will sit very low in the water, with 3 adults in the front the bow deck is only an inch or two from the water line, you would need to be very careful not to bury the bow going over wakes when you come around for a fallen skier. It is also a very narrow boat with minimal floor space.
freemanca View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freemanca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 9:08am
Thanks for the heads up. I doubt I'd ever have 3 adults in it. This is mostly for me to ride in and throw a couple of kids behind some. If I've got a gaggle of folks we use the pontoon, kids are young right now. :-)

chris
Poster112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poster112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 9:09am
Chris, I'm in Hoover. Are you specifically looking for that year or are you looking to spend less than $4,000. There are a few boats nearby shown in the for sale section of this site. I would check out the '78 in McCalla. I've looked at the 81 in Sylacauga and it looks good. In Florence, there is a '79 for which he's asking $6,900. There is a '78 in Vestavia for $7,500 that I've also inspected, but would not pay more than 5 or 6 thousand for. These are all right in our back yard. Also, check out the Atlanta area. Last time I checked, there were many for sale.
The one in NC looks good from the photos, but that is a long drive.
If you are looking for a larger CC, there is a Martinique up on Shades Mountain, but he's asking $9,500 and it has been kept outside uncovered for what appears to be at least 2 years. That one is not on this site. I have not spoken to him, so I do not know how low he'll go.
I think that you can find what you are looking for closer to home than NC.
If you do look locally, I'll be glad to take a look at them with you.
I'd rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal-lobotomy.

1985 Ski

1984 SW
freemanca View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freemanca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 9:21am
Poster112, glad to run into someone from the backyard. It's a price point thing for now. I'm on my way to go see that one from Vestavia here in a few minutes.

Thanks for the invite to go along and look with me. That would be huge. Email me at freemanca@gmail.com with your email.

thanks,
chris
Poster112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poster112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 9:28am
sent you an email.
Chris
I'd rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal-lobotomy.

1985 Ski

1984 SW
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic