Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Battery cable routing ?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Bob's2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob's2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Battery cable routing ?
    Posted: March-07-2007 at 3:49pm
I'm replacing floor and stringer, etc that a PO had done poorly. He also ran the battery cables thru the foam. Now that I have all that crud out I'm wondering is there any reason not to run the battery cables thru the tube with all the other wiring? It would mean one less place to seal and would make it easier to replace them when needed.
Bob Ed
83 2001
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2007 at 4:05pm
On my boat, the battery cables have their own dedicated tube routing them from the battery box through the bulkhead.

Bob's2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob's2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2007 at 4:20pm
OK that makes sense. My battery box had been removed and it is in a box in the bow now. (how now brown cow, bow wow, sorry)I can run a piece of conduit for the cables. Thanks Benj.
Bob Ed
83 2001
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2007 at 4:31pm
You Conduit!
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2007 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by GottaSki GottaSki wrote:

You Conduit!

LMAO

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 5:50pm
that tube also acts as a vent for the battery, it does produce gasses while running and they exhaust into the engine compartment, if you ran them with all the other wires and cables there is a possibility of the wires shorting and there is nothing worse than a battery cable shorting... thats the only tube i ran in plastic for safety issues, Im sure there is also some type of law also when they manufacture the boat to keep them seperated. I truly would put them back the way they were. once you really think about it you'll think its not that bad of an idea to do it that way

Eric
"the things you own will start to own you"
Bob's2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob's2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2007 at 12:48am
The battery is in a box like you see on an outboard, mounted up under the bow, so the gasses aren't an issue. I have a 1.5" plastic tube just for battery cables to run to the engine compartment. Got the new stringers in and next step is foam and floor. After that it's hit the water.
Bob Ed
83 2001
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2007 at 10:22am
are you doing just the front section?
"the things you own will start to own you"
Bob's2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob's2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2007 at 10:57pm
Nope
Bob Ed
83 2001
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic