NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Barefooting Videos

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
Author
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 1:25pm
LOL!!! You know something, Tim, I noticed the 79 look-a-like too. Geeez from Notre Dame to JBear's boat to Larry's home movies, Chris sure gets around. What's next, the MasterCraft fan-site?

Ken
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 1:49pm
Sort of like Where's Waldo, but only a little easier to spot.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 2:29pm
Looking forward to GL.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 2:34pm
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Looking forward to GL.

Me too.....especially if she's coming with you
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 7:51pm
Larry: I think my "over 50" handicap is in my head.
Used to do the tumble with the ski on....no more..way to easy to catch that ski. Also used to step-off and reach down and pick up the ski and lay it across my knees. You kinda had to crouch and grab the edge of the ski as you were leaving it. Not to hard really but you did not wanna fall with the ski at your "nads".
Sure did have lots of good fun and "show-off" time with this stuff back before booms, padded suits and such made it easier for more people to learn. Oh well, progress I guess.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2008 at 2:34am
I'm reviving this thread since we had such Grade-A glass water this weekend. Flawless acres of pure glass. The footing in this vid isn't that great but get a load of the water on my first pass. Incredible. This is the first time I've done the 5 foot rope in over 3 seasons (just done longline instead). It was a bit of an adjustment for me for sure. Our regular slalom crew just footed like crazy rather than slaloming on this morning. Well worth it. I think we all forgot how fun it can be.

Kickin' Glass
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2008 at 12:19pm
Where's the video?
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2008 at 12:22pm
Um, the link right there that says Kickin' Glass.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2008 at 12:24pm
How long does it take to show up? I click the link and get a blank page that says "Done" on the bottom. I don't see it listed on the video page link off the main site either.
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2008 at 12:28pm
Hollywood,
I was just able to watch it. Took a while to load but finally came up.

Looks like all had a great time on some glass.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2008 at 12:38pm
Ok I ended up saving it then opening it, probably just some Quicktime BS.

You weren't kidding, that is glass! Wow.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2008 at 12:47pm
It was such glass that I had to let go because my feet hurt. We just footed and footed over and over. Jeff did 2 laps around the lake LL and probably 8 back deeps. Mark and I probably each took 8 runs on the short rope. Good times.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2008 at 1:05pm
I like following this forum so that I get to page down by Nautique2001s post.....
I almost Quoted it again but then realized that I would never get to the bottom.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2008 at 10:51pm
Mighty nice of Ken to post a nice shot of his wife.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2008 at 12:41am
What a great thread. Thanks for resurrecting it Joel.

Cameras were rolling the night Ken decided to give the short line another try. Siepel wasn't there to help, so we did the best we could. Think I was going a touch too fast...

Ken's sit up video
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2008 at 12:51am
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

It was such glass that I had to let go because my feet hurt. We just footed and footed over and over. Jeff did 2 laps around the lake LL and probably 8 back deeps. Mark and I probably each took 8 runs on the short rope. Good times.

Joel, we had a day like that 2 weeks ago.
here's some footage.
Brad's run
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2008 at 1:28am
Originally posted by Barracuda Barracuda wrote:

Joel, we had a day like that 2 weeks ago.
here's some footage.
Brad's run

Brad, that water looked a bit rough compared to what I had. You had about 2mm rollers, I had zero! The footing was certainly better though. Nice choice of Orion for the music.

You've got quite a pair of feet there- you're practically wearing combos! What are those things? 14s?

Ken's start was quite amazing. At least one law, if not several laws of physics were shattered there!
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2008 at 12:27pm
Brad,

Very impressive runs. Nice progess this summer. Back deep looks like you've been doing if for years. I've fallen way behind. I've got to try to not get hurt next year. That ended if for me this summer.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2008 at 3:26pm
Wow Brad, looking solid!
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2008 at 5:06pm
That's out of my league, but the jam brings back memories! How appropriate to have tunes from master of puppets going while you're on a short rope with someone else driving.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2008 at 11:58pm

You've got quite a pair of feet there- you're practically wearing combos! What are those things? 14s?

Don't start with the "big feet means big...."
It just means you can foot at slower speeds.
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2008 at 1:06am

Ken's start was quite amazing. At least one law, if not several laws of physics were shattered there!

Well...that kinda sums it up....

Brad: Very nice runs. You have about the slowest, smoothest tumbleturn I've ever seen. Nice one-footers and toe-traps. Impresive bacerds too. Are those trick skis you have on your feet tho? Boy Mrs. Brad must be a happy lady!

Larry: Hurt? What happened?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2008 at 11:25am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Larry: Hurt? What happened?

john

Not too serious. When I was in NC I was practicing my back deeps. Had my feet planted and was picking up speed. Ever have one foot catch and spin you around? Well both my feet caught and sprung both my legs, what felt like, up around my head. It hurt, but not so bad not to try again. That time I actually got up, but when I was going something popped in my leg. Hurt like a son of a gun. Hobbled around for a couple days, after which I could move around again and start skiing. But no BF for a while and definitely no bacerds. Still hurts when I sit for long periods, like in the car (the trip home from NC and 3 trips to NY in the past 6 weeks) Havent tried bacerds since, but hope to resume next summer.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2008 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

3 trips to NY in the past 6 weeks)    

Thats a pretty good streak, you should try for 4 out of 7 and meet up with us at Lake George this weekend..
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2008 at 1:26pm
You have no idea how tempting that is Joe, but I dont think its in the cards. Really would have liked to have hooked up with you this past weekend, I spent two nights in Waterloo. But it was parents weekend at my daughters school and it would have been kind of hard to tell her, "well, Tom (my son, who you met) and I are heading over to see Joe". We did however at least drive through Auburn on the way to pick apples in Lafayette. We should have stopped by for a cruise around the lake. You get that tic fixed?
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2008 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Are those trick skis you have on your feet tho?
john

jbear/ Joel- They are not quite the pontoons they appear to be in the video. 12's

Thanks fellas

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2008 at 1:22am

Ever have one foot catch and spin you around?

Yes....unfortunatly the one night I did not wear my knee brace. Really cranked my knee...hurt for days. Sounds like you popped a hamstring. Also gotta watch getting those feet to wide and then not getting them back together to stand up. Us guys (50+) ain't quite as limber as we used to be.

No need to wait till next summer to go bacerds. I know you would enjoy a visit here mid-winter. So would I. And you'll really enjoy skiing with and watching Eddie.

Brad: 12's......no way.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2008 at 11:36am

You have no idea how tempting that is Joe, but I dont think its in the cards. Really would have liked to have hooked up with you this past weekend, I spent two nights in Waterloo. But it was parents weekend at my daughters school and it would have been kind of hard to tell her, "well, Tom (my son, who you met) and I are heading over to see Joe". We did however at least drive through Auburn on the way to pick apples in Lafayette. We should have stopped by for a cruise around the lake. You get that tic fixed?

We definitely could have gotten in a cruise around the lake, no signs of ticking here and I ain't looking for them. My cell number is three one five five six seven one two seven three if your ever in the area again with some time to fill. Everyone and thier brother seemed to go apple picking around here last saturday.. tis the season its not my thing but it does lead to more apple pies and new batches of hard cider being set up so I ain't against it...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
  Share Topic