NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spring is almost here?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spring is almost here?
    Posted: February-01-2007 at 8:54pm
Is Keith in a hurry or what? The date at the top of the page says March 3 2007. There are things I needed to get done before boating---
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 10:52am
Gary, check the date set on your computer. I believe the site just copies the time from your local machine.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 11:39am
Yep, it's javascript that creates the date on the client side. Keith, you might want to pull that from the server with ASP rather than JS -

<%Response.write FormatDateTime(now(),1)%>

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 11:40am
Nerd Alert!
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Nerd Alert!

lol
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 6:18pm
You guy's were right wrong on my end. Don't tell the wife,but I guess I was the one rushing spring, to He$$ with the winter projects.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 6:28pm
Well, while we're on the nerd alerts. Is everybody prepared to patch the clock in their PC operating system for Daylight Saving Time. This year, and moving foward, DST will start three weeks earlier, and end 1 week later. The clocks on your systems will be off for an hour unless you load a patch. For most home PCs, the automatic updates will probably provide the patch. More of a problem in Enterprise Infrastructures. BKH
Livin' the Dream

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 6:44pm
when did they decide that BKH? keep up on those things.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 6:51pm
bkh; in dummy talk does this mean we will have ski season start 21 days early and have an extra 21 days come Fall. Questioning Rednecks want to know.................boat dr
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 9:08pm
In August of 2005 the United States Congress pa$$ed the Energy Policy Act, which, amongst other things, changes the dates of both the start and end of daylight saving time (DST). When this law goes into effect in 2007, DST will start three weeks earlier (2:00 A.M. on the second Sunday in March) and will end one week later (2:00 A.M. on the first Sunday in November) than what had traditionally occurred.

Doc, in "dummy" terms, this means that if you like hitting the bayou at Sunrise, you will have 1 hour less to do so for three weeks in March, and one week in October. However, if you like to be out in the evening when the sun sets on the Mississippi, you will have 1 hour more to do so during those same periods.

For you guys in the North, it probably doesn't mean squat. It will still be too damn cold to use your boats.
BKH
Livin' the Dream

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 9:27pm
thanks for reminding us BKH. Wait a minute parts of cal had snow before michigan did this year, explain that one.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 10:14pm
Now you guys see why I like BKH so much?

I have no idea what you are talking about, except maybe the dr, but I sure like the way you're saying it.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 10:42pm
Gotta love my man bkh,and jbear just amazed at times how the rest of the world is all interconnected,time zones really don't mean too much here ,Sunrise means you get up, sundown means ,if you dont have a full moon,put your boat on the trailer. Time ya whent home ta eat supper..............boat dr
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 11:15pm
dr; Best thing about being here is how all us guys from all across this great country, from all different walks of life are all "interconnected". Its why I can't go a day without checking on all my buddies here. Lots of guys, all so different, brought together by the love of these old boats.

Thanks Keith.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2007 at 7:19am
you guys bring tears to my eyes, this is what movies are made of and you know the title...Brokeback bayou
gotta be a southern thing

lol early moring chain rattling
John all so different but.. also all the same, nice thoughts   eric
"the things you own will start to own you"
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2007 at 8:47am
jbear, how right you are to mention Keith, without him and the idea/dream none of this would be possible.Thanx a million Keith....
I have friends all over the country that i have yet to meet,all with a common love for these Old Boats...
Levine, I don't know about that B/B mountain stuff,Ford has caught a lot of flack on the heels of this movie.
I do know that this site has become a part of my world and the people a part of my life.
What happened to the Southern C/C Fan Reunion,saw a bit of intrest then it kinda fizzeled. We have more than enough lakes in La. to host something,maybe a throw down on the Mighty Mississippi. That would be a novel idea.......boat dr
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2007 at 9:05am
Hey Boat Doc,

Can you get out of your boat in Louisiana without getting a puncture wound from a reptile?

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2007 at 9:29am
Chuck, our reptiles are somewhat smarter than our elected officials,both live and feed on the lower links of the food chain.
I am sometimes amazed at the lack of water acreage and the crouding that some of members of this site have to endure .
Our lake complex here,Black River Lake,16 miles long feeds into Workinger Bayou,6 miles long feeds into Horshoe Lake 8 miles long feeds into Cross Bayou,10 miles long feeds into Cocodrie Bayou 35 miles long.All this within 5 min. from my house.
Then there is Lake Concordia 1 mile x12 miles,Lake St. John 1 mile x16 miles and Lake Bruin 1.5 miles x15 miles all within 45 min.Plus our boating season starts in April and does not end till the water gets below 65 deg.late Nov. or early Dec.
Lots of afternoons Karen and I take Knot Correct for her "walk" and we are the only boat on the whole complex or 50 miles of water.July 4th. has the biggest concentration 50 to 60 boats. I just hate living in the South.......... boat dr
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2007 at 9:38am
Doc,
Just playing with you, I've seen the Bayous of Louisana and was mesmerized by them. I am envious of your long boating seasons, and very envious of your calm waters.

Our lake is frozen sold right now. Darn that global warming; it's never around when you need it.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2007 at 9:46am
Chuck, come on down and play in our pond.
Just for kicks do a Google Earth on Ferriday La.71334 or Monterey La.71354 {my home} to see what we have..........boat dr
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2007 at 1:12pm
boat dr The mississippi is a novelty idea but the currant is a bitch!

Reminds me of a day back in 2004 when my girlfriend and i decided to go spend the day on the mighty miss. cause we had never been.

We docked the Bay boat under the I 10 bridge. we rode for about 40 miles north up to St. Francisville. took some great pictures and met a crazy old couple named Bubba and Peggy. They showed us how they caught fish by making them jump into the boat (true story..saw it with my own eyes and almost got knocked out by a fish)

All was great till we had to load that boat up. The currant had to be about 5 - 10 mph. I backed the trailer down the ramp and my girlfriend was gonna drive the boat. When the trailer hit the water the currant started pulling my truck in. I had to dive in and grab the boat and trailer to get it all loaded before it got sucked in!!

We decided we would take our chances with the gators in the intercoastal and haven't been back in the Mighty Mississippi!!
RootRacing
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2007 at 1:28pm
Root, here the current is 5 to 6 knots have a good ramp at Vidalia,Karen has learned to load very well,try this all you long time boaters. Go forward and sideways at 5 knots and put the boat between the guide boards.
she has become very good at the game,she is good crew.
3rd. weekend of October Natchez Miss. has a baloon race that has really grown over the past few yrs. They do a bean bag drop both days onto a barge moored in the Mississippi River.Best seat is in the river,the baloons get real low,10 to 20 feet off the river,to try and hit the bullseye on the barge. The pictures we have taken are too COOL,every ballon gets low but a few will dunk the gondola ,Fishin' as they call it.
Come bring your boat this year and join the croud,a great firework show follows............boat dr
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic