NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How much would you pay??

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How much would you pay??
    Posted: January-18-2007 at 5:26pm
About 2 years ago I found this 83 or 84 southwind-20 parked in this guys yard, I talked to him about it, but at the time he thought the boat was made of Gold, the motor box was off and still is, the floor looks shot also, along with many other things! What would you guys pay for this boat????

JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 5:50pm
The hull does not look bad. I think the biggest question is the motor. Does it run? If not, is it seized? Too bad this fellow left the engine cover off.

(1) In my opion, that was/is not the most sought after model CC. (personal preference only) That would be a great boat if it were restored.

(2) It looks some serious elbow grease and quite a bit of money are going to be required to restore her to pristine condition.

I personally would not pay more than about $1000 for that boat. I only say about $1000, because otherwise I think that guy might be offended and take the "screw you" approach and let it sit there for another two or three years.

Good luck. I hope you can work something out.

Last thing. If that guy thought that boat was gold, then I would hate to see his silver. What a shame?

-JMurph
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 6:46pm
Im guessing no more than 1000 .But that is only because it has a galvinized trailer . Im guessing the motor and trany are full of water. Probably closer to 700.

Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 8:46pm
Looks like a PARTS boat to me, definitely not 4 figures.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Looks like a PARTS boat to me, definitely not 4 figures.

I agree..I was thinking about $500 is what I would pay for it, but like jmurph says I dont want to piss the guy off for two more years..
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 8:59pm
Do you think he'd notice the SS rub rail, pylon and prop missing???
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 9:03pm
Check out the plants growing in pic#4
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 9:07pm
No I dont think he will...how much will you give me for it?
hspore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hspore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 9:40pm
...hey MM, are you talking about doing a little midnight boat salvage???   I agree $500-700 at best. I like the blue quart of ATF sitting on the engine block. Nothing like taking care of your toys, huh?    
Heath
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 9:52pm
First of all you should beat this guy up for not taking care of his C/C. Take Backfoot with ya. Then as he is laying about in his driveway I would drop $500 on him and hook her up.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 10:34pm
WOW!! Jbear? is that you? i always thought you to be of the cooler heads around here,,, dont mess with you!! haha

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 11:39pm
Sorry Nate, usually I try to be.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 7:33am
that things gotta have water down in it
"the things you own will start to own you"
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 8:43am
Thats just sad!

Personally the motor trany is the easy part,nuts and bolts are more freindly than floor foam and stringers.

Munday

$700 is about right for me
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 9:13am
750-1000.

I kind of dig on the Southwind. There was one on our lake for a few summers w/o the windshield, looked pretty good.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 10:18am
That's unreal... It even had a snap on cover at one time.. The hull looks great though and there are plenty of other Southwind donar boats out there for parts boats.. Would make for a nice restore MM.. Especially for us Yankees when we come down !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 1:26pm
Think he'd sell me just the sub-box? I'm lookin for one with a fire extinguisher and fresh carpet.
Must be a good neighborhood, keys still in the ignition.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 1:28pm
Darrel, maybe he's waiting on some insurance $$$? Mark, you'd be doing him a favor!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 3:36pm
general consensus.... $500.00 to $1000.00
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 3:48pm
I hate when people think they have a pot of gold, I've been after a 24 ft challenger hull for 3 years from this guy who bought a foreclosed house and the boat was on the property, basically he got it free, I offered him $2500.00 cash and he would'nt budge. the boat sits another 2 years uncovered and he shows up here in August and said he dropped the price too $1500.00, now the hull is in real bad shape. At this point I told him the boat is only worth $700.00 to me and he said I'll tell you what give me $1100.00 for it and it's yours. Guess where the boats still sitting.......   some people are real idiots
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 9:43pm
are there any boats in your area that have any hope of being saved? together we might be able to save a few of these old collectable boats! here's another one in jacksonville!

SAVE ME, SAVE ME
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic