NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tower Mirror Vibration

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Mark P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tower Mirror Vibration
    Posted: November-24-2006 at 12:50pm
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to dampen the vibration of the mirror mounted on a '05 216 Sport Nautique's tower (standard factory supplied arm)? At certain speeds, the vibration makes the view blur.
dans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2006 at 6:28pm
Your prop should be checked.
Mark P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2006 at 6:46am
The prop is not dinged but could be the issue, as well as anything out of balance. The frequency happens to be at wake boarding speed only @19.5 MPH. It could also be just one of the natural frequency speedi issues of the drive train that occur. Manufacturing equipment that I have worked on are sometimes prevented from running at speeds where vibrations occur - that's why variable frequency drives have "skip freqencies". If dampening out this vibration cannot be done, I will taking it in to have it looked at.
Mark P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2006 at 6:51am
Also, I may have to consider a windshield mounted mirror like my previous Nautique had (that was a black CIPA). Does anyone make one that has a silver or brushed aluminum look that mounts on / above the windshield? I have searched the web and have not found one yet.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2006 at 10:19am
matchbook....seriously you could of scraped some sand and would never know it I would go after the prop first, the boat should be smooth at all rpm ranges, remember the prop spins engine speed unless its a 1.23 and that is very fast.
"the things you own will start to own you"
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2006 at 8:05pm
   Never had a problem with mine getting blurry.Different boat,but the tower is basically the same.I would take the above advise and get 'er checked.Moving the mirror is just a band-aid.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic