Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Exhaust flappers

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
DenDen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenDen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exhaust flappers
    Posted: February-06-2024 at 3:44pm
I am restoring a 75 Southwind 18. Putting a brand new engine in it and it’s coming along quite nicely. I will be posting some more pictures soon on my other thread.
I just spent an hour researching Exhaust flappers on the forum.
I’m trying to decide if I need them or not. From what I gather some folks think you do and some think you don’t.
Has anyone had any experience not using flappers on a mid 70s boat and had any problem?
I am sure it’s a good idea to use them and be safe, but I think it looks so much cooler without them.
I am using pleasurecraft marine center risers for Exhaust. These are much higher than the old log style that was on the boat when I got it.
Just thought I’d throw that in case someone wondered.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2024 at 7:04am
You can omit them without consequence.
DenDen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenDen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2024 at 7:17am
Thanks
I’ll give it a try
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2024 at 8:12am
DenDen

You need to expand your research to the whole internet for lots and lots of disagreement and various different horror stories and then figure out that it's one of those topics  that there will never be agreement on 

If you're the ultra conservative worrier type you might keep them, otherwise like already said by TRB, not absolutely necessary Wink
DenDen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenDen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2024 at 3:38pm
Good to hear from you, Ken.
Ultra conservative and worrying are not things that I participate in very often.
I’m more likely to have a good time and let somebody else worry about it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic