Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How wide is a #3 trailer (pre-2001)?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
NeilMcG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilMcG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How wide is a #3 trailer (pre-2001)?
    Posted: February-06-2024 at 9:06am
Trying to determine if i can make it through an 8ft wide door.
'78 Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2024 at 9:10am
Gonna be real tight, probably no way to be certain without measuring. A #3LB likely won’t fit, but a standard #3 should come in just under 8’, so depending on the door trim, it’ll be a game of inches.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2024 at 9:22am
Well, will ya look at that Neil, post it in a new thread with a good title and ..........a 4 minute response time.

Looks like we agree on the tightness

Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Since it's an 8 foot door, the opening is probably a few inches less due to finishing trim.

Somewhere, sometime a long time ago, I think I remember backing   a same vintage SN on it's factory trailer through the opening for an 8 foot door with at least an inch or 2 to spare on each side Wink

Trailer width was the limiting factor, the boat is 76 inches wide but fender width is quite a bit more

Somebody must have some measurements around here

TRBenj is usually good for trailer info.   

Or............maybe you need to start a new thread with a title like " How wide is a #3 trailer from the 70's?"

This is all assuming it's on a CC trailer built for the boat
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2024 at 9:51am
I will try to measure as posted in other thread.
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2024 at 6:21pm
In case you don't get it measured or if you want an idea what it will probably be for width, here's a comment from TRB buried in an old trailer thread Wink

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

My '80 on it's original #3 is 90" wide and 22'7" from coupler to the tip of the platform brackets 

I'd put a link to the old thread, but it's kinda mind boggling especially without the  pictures that disappeared.
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2024 at 10:03pm
Well I did remember to measure and the trailer I have is 90” wide to the outside of the fenders.  Somewhere along the line a different axel was installed and it does sit outside the fenders a touch. If the door is 8 feet wide mine would have 2” of clearance on each side.  Keno is spot on again!
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
NeilMcG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilMcG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2024 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by fanofccfan fanofccfan wrote:

Well I did remember to measure and the trailer I have is 90” wide to the outside of the fenders.  Somewhere along the line a different axel was installed and it does sit outside the fenders a touch. If the door is 8 feet wide mine would have 2” of clearance on each side.  Keno is spot on again!

Thank you for doing that, and yes Ken tends to be spot on.

NeilMcG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilMcG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2024 at 1:36pm

Gonna be real tight, probably no way to be certain without measuring. A #3LB likely won’t fit, but a standard #3 should come in just under 8’, so depending on the door trim, it’ll be a game of inches.

I just read this again and I'm not sure whether it's a standard; I've never seen this trailer before. It's a CC trailer, but has a v-shaped floor between the two bunks and a keel guard,  I don't know if that design is wider. Trying head up there asap to measure.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2024 at 2:16pm
That would be a delux, I believe- and built on a lowboy frame. The trailer is likely wider, as the boat fits between the fenders.
NeilMcG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilMcG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2024 at 3:08pm

That would be a delux, I believe- and built on a lowboy frame. The trailer is likely wider, as the boat fits between the fenders.

You're probably right. It didn't look doable when I saw the door. Better to realize this now though. Thanks
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2024 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by NeilMcG NeilMcG wrote:

I just read this again and I'm not sure whether it's a standard; I've never seen this trailer before. It's a CC trailer, but has a v-shaped floor between the two bunks and a keel guard,  I don't know if that design is wider. Trying head up there asap to measure.

Well you better go boy,,,,,,,,,,and take some pictures too while you're looking at it Wink

Here's a picture of a late 70's SN on a standard #3 trailer (The 90 inch wide one)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic