NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fire Survivor

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fire Survivor
    Posted: November-06-2023 at 12:23am
FYI.  I saw my buddies 1978 Nautique today, I only mention this because he lost his Home in the Sierra Nevada's near Lake Tahoe to the Caldor fire.   I was at his property looking at the changes.  Just in view of his former home site you can see where a couple hundred thousand trees burned along with many Tahoe Cabins and other structures.   Sitting in the middle of his property where his home burned to the ground is his Ski Nautique.  Un touched by the fire.   He also has a bob cat for clearing snow, other than two tires partially burned but still holding air it is also in pretty good shape.  The boat and bobcat sat no more than 20 feet from his Cabin that was a total loss, two stories with a garage basement a huge deck and all his special memories built by him and his wife over the past 15 years all burned to the ground but the dang old Nautique is in perfect shape.  When I say built by them, they pounded all the nails and really did build it themselves including a lot of his furniture and it was beautiful.  The fire was 2 years back now but so many homes were damaged that getting available help to rebuild is near impossible still.  Due to the remoteness and heavy snowfall in this area the working season is very short for contractors.  May through early November if not less most years.  I will have to work on pictures to share the change up there.  The boat was his Fathers and he passed it down to my buddy so a lot of family memories reside in that old boat.  Nice something made it through the fire.  I had no idea a Ski Nautique was fire resistant!   Just a miracle survival in a huge mess.
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2023 at 8:33am
Kinda like that lone surviving home in Lahaina beach Maui
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic