Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ProTec Replacement

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
firemandave257 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firemandave257 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ProTec Replacement
    Posted: August-28-2023 at 11:46pm
Looking for opinions on the best distributor to replace my ProTec.  SkiDim’s protec retro seem expensive at $800+.  
Are any of the alternatives just as good but less expensive? Thanks
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2023 at 9:50am
You can DIY for $500-$600.  My personal preference is the DUI distributor from from Performance Distributors.  Usually under $500.  Problem is that they are quite popular, so there can be a wait time of a month or 2.  Then you need spark plug wires and some common hand tools.  Lots of info on this forum on ProTec swap-out.  

Tell us about the boat…specifics, please.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2023 at 4:41pm
I guess that if you want something that you can actually use this summer, you can get the DUI from Discount? Inboard Marine.

The list price for the Ford normal rotation DUI marine distributor is 419.00, and they'll sell it to you for the discount price of 549.00 assuming the website is right and it's in stock.Confused

Another choice that's in stock all over the place is a Pertronix D231800 and their Flamethrower 2 coil to go with it.  Skiboatpartsonline has it as a package for 429 bucks (that's the list price for the 2 pieces), but a little shopping will find it cheaper.

Google is your shopping friend

Either one needs new plug wires

Having used both, they're both quality units and I have no real preference Wink
firemandave257 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firemandave257 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2023 at 11:55pm
Thank you for your response.  My boat is a 92 closed bow SN. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic