NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

does thermostat open?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2006 at 5:43pm
Just filled up my engine with non-toxic green AF (yes, it exists for cars in non-toxic formula). I filled it using the inlet hose for the RW pump- never started the engine, just poured it down the hose with a funnel. Dead cold, the engine took in over 3 gallons with no hesitation. Could have been more. Could there be an air pocket? Possibly. If so, it's a pretty small pocket- I was amazed at how much the engine took in.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2006 at 11:07am
I want to say we used exactly 3 gallons as well in the '88 351.
HOT FOOT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOT FOOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2006 at 11:19pm
I've always drained the block and manifolds and then sucked in A/F using the RWP hose. As long as the block is empty it will fill with A/F. I like this way better because I know the RWP, trans cooler etc are filled with A/F. It has gotten as cold as minus 30 degrees where my boat is stored and never had a problem. Also make sure to mix A/F and water as straight A/F will freeze.
'99 nautique super sport
25XS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25XS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2006 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by David F David F wrote:

Someone should come up with a temperature controled electrical outlet that switches on once the temperature falls to a set point.

They did... www.xtremeheaters.com

5 minutes to install in a skiboat: TOPS!
Kicks on at 40degrees F and off at 45degrees F and keeps your engine safe as long as you have electricity plugged in to it.

I sell the heck out of them.

Tom
"Stock Stuff" by day... Racing Mercury outboards on the weekends.
1991 Nautique Excel "thousands" of hours...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic