Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Electric fuel pump

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Tomahawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomahawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Electric fuel pump
    Posted: August-15-2023 at 11:07pm
I have a 76 ski nautique with a 351W and I want to change to a electric fuel pump. i see the up to 4 psi and 4 - 7 psi. which would be better?
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2023 at 2:29am
Most carburetors work fine with up to 7 PSI, more than that and you can get issues with the floats not closing.  The Carter pumps seem to be pretty reliable for your conversion.  
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2023 at 7:34am
If you're getting an electric pump for whatever reason, don't forget an oil pressure safety switch that'll turn the pump off if the engine dies and the key is still in Run.

it's a safety thing for you and your passengers that minimizes your chance of fires and explosions Wink

Various examples and reading in the link below

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic