Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Steering Question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
91NaughtyQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 91NaughtyQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steering Question
    Posted: July-31-2023 at 8:43am
I just replaced the steering cable in my 91 Nautique.  It seems the 91 and 92 years are the rotary type of systems.  My question is what should my expectation be for how it steers?  On the trailer it spins pretty freely both left and right as expected, but while running left is what I would consider Okay and right (against the prop?) it is "firm" to turn the wheel.  My friends 94 can be driven with 1 finger turning both directions.  

Any info on the 91-92 steering vs the others and is what mine is like the expected feel when driving?  I am olkay with it if that is how it is, but if there is something else I should do let me know.

Thanks,

Gary
1991 Ski Nautique
(Previous)1984 Ski Nautique 2001
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2023 at 4:24pm
I think that's "how it is" due to prop rotation

Lots of "steers harder to the right" threads in the link below

91NaughtyQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 91NaughtyQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2023 at 11:21pm
Thanks Keno. I guess it is what it is. My wife looks over and says “ you don’t turn in the course anyway” lol.

Thanks

Gary
1991 Ski Nautique
(Previous)1984 Ski Nautique 2001
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2023 at 5:57am
I'd look under your boat and your friend's boat, compare props (brand and pitch, diameter, rake of the blades and distance of the blade tips from the rudder) to see if there's a difference.

Or swap props with him and see if his steering gets harder to the right Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic