Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LEAK 79 Ski Tique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
zba222a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zba222a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LEAK 79 Ski Tique
    Posted: July-28-2023 at 9:19pm
Hey everyone. So, I have a leak. Bummer. This is my dad's old barefooting boat. I'm in the process of restoring it. I will have a post with pics about that soon. Anyway, I backed it down in the water, and when I pulled it out there was probably a couple gallons of water in the bilge. The boat was only in the water around 10 minutes. I decided to run the hose into the bilge with it on the trailer. It's coming out of the exhaust. Where do I start?

Can we post pictures in here?

Zach

Wisky Badger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisky Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2023 at 9:37pm
Check the mufflers
zba222a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zba222a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2023 at 10:23pm
Is there an easy way to get to them? Looks like I am going to have to cut the floor back out.
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2023 at 8:29am
Its not hard to add images, but the whole fiirst page of the sticky on it is wrong.  Here are your directions:

Per Ken's request/suggestion, and per Ken's efforts in finding a relatively easy way to post photos, here is a step by step process.

1.  Have photos you want to post in your phone gallery or on your computer.
2.  Open website imgbb.com
(no need to sign in, sign up, or register unless you want to)
3. click or tap on "select images to upload"
4. Go to your gallery or computer and select photo(s)
(Leave autodelete option on "dont delete")
5. click or tap "Upload"
6.  In the "Embed codes" box, scroll to and select  "BBCode full linked"
7. in the box at the bottom of the page where the photo URL shows up,  tap or click "copy"
8. Open your CCF reply and tap and paste or click and paste.
9. Voila, its there. (Note: it wont show up until you view preview or post it)

I suppose 8 steps sounds like a lot, but its mostly quick easy point and clicks (or taps)  Goes quickly and easily.  Give it a try.

Where in TN are you?
Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2023 at 9:14am
The rear floor panel behind the engine should have a few screws to remove and it comes out to expose the mufflers and such.  They may need to be fixed with fiber glass mat and resin.  not too bad of a job.
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
zba222a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zba222a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2023 at 10:18am
Thanks @rebel skier I will check that out. I am in Chattanooga

zba222a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zba222a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2023 at 10:22am
Thanks @fanofccfan. I'm pretty sure the guy that redid the upholstery resined all the new floorboard in. I'll try to get these pics going so you all can see what I'm talking about.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2023 at 11:23am
There's a video that goes with those instructions You'll find the link in the quote below.

It's easier if you watch it in slow motion Wink

Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Originally posted by Mpost Mpost wrote:

[QUOTE=75 Tique]
Per Ken's request/suggestion, and per Ken's efforts in finding a relatively easy way to post photos, here is a step by step process.

1.  Have photos you want to post in your phone gallery or on your computer.
2.  Open website imgbb.com
(no need to sign in, sign up, or register unless you want to)
3. click or tap on "select images to upload"
4. Go to your gallery or computer and select photo(s)
(Leave autodelete option on "dont delete")
5. click or tap "Upload"
6.  In the "Embed codes" box, scroll to and select  "BBCode full linked"
7. in the box at the bottom of the page where the photo URL shows up,  tap or click "copy"
8. Open your CCF reply and tap and paste or click and paste.
9. Voila, its there. (Note: it wont show up until you view preview or post it)

I suppose 8 steps sounds like a lot, but its mostly quick easy point and clicks (or taps)  Goes quickly and easily.  Give it a try.

Added this here so it is sticky or pinned Smile

And added this link to the You Tube video that Larry made so there are written instructions and a video showing how to do it.

Written and video instructions all in one spot Wink

Good idea Marty

zba222a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zba222a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2023 at 1:25pm
zba222a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zba222a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2023 at 1:31pm
zba222a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zba222a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2023 at 1:35pm
I guess I will cut where the green line is on each side, pull that wood up, and cut the fiberglass mufflers out.

Do you think there would be any issues running the rubber exhaust hose from the manifold out to the exhaust flanges at the rear of the boat?
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2023 at 4:26pm
Rubber hose is fine but can get pricey.  Yeah you will have to cut that.  Originally it was a separate piece.  Find out what is broken and leaking and try to fix that.  More pictures after surgery.
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
zba222a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zba222a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2023 at 4:54pm
zba222a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zba222a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2023 at 6:03pm
zba222a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zba222a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2023 at 6:05pm
zba222a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zba222a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2023 at 6:06pm
zba222a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zba222a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2023 at 6:09pm
Barely pulled on it and the muffler came out. The rubber hose that connects the rear of the muffler to the flange at the end of the boat was rotting. Found the leak
zba222a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zba222a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2023 at 9:25pm
zba222a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zba222a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2023 at 9:26pm
zba222a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zba222a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2023 at 9:27pm
zba222a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zba222a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2023 at 9:28pm
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2023 at 12:16pm
Ouch, that repair turned ugly quick.   You will get it fixed up and better than new.   You need. The panel behind the engine to be removeable, at times these things need to be fixed.   The shaft, steering, exhaust are all wear parts so access is needed.   A new floor plan will fix you up.
zba222a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zba222a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2023 at 10:44pm
zba222a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zba222a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2023 at 10:46pm
New exhaust plumbed in

I took it down to the water, started it up let it run then I noticed the transmission is puking fluid. I can't really tell where it's coming from. Bummed out
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic