NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TN storm brought barn down on boat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TN storm brought barn down on boat
    Posted: July-04-2023 at 5:46pm
In a bad luck cycle.  I am in MS dealing with an aging parent and its not looking good.  I got a message last night that the recent TN storms brought the barn where I store my boat down.  Not sure when I can get back and deal with.  The storms pushed the barn back and it spared my windshield but a large beam is being supported by my boat right above the wheels.  I cannot tell from the pics if its on the rear edge of the house or not.  .  

There is a pallet of cinder blocks.  I figure we will stack them up and use a good bottle jack to get the wood up off the boat, and remove my trailer guides and pull it out from under.  

Just have to get things settled here first.  

Hoping for the best.  
Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2023 at 9:46pm
Oh man OUCH! Hope everything works out ok Rich. Bad enough for you when your there but now is tough. Good luck
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Faceplant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2023 at 9:44pm
Makes my heart sink. Sorry to hear .

Feels like I am hanging 10 but in reality - probably hanging 6.
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2023 at 9:29am
Sorry, that sux

you are probably already ahead of me, but after shoring up the beam, consider unbolting the guidepoles, then you only have to lift the mess about 6" to get the boat out
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2023 at 9:51am
Hopefully you’ll get lucky with no damage
I like gotta ski idea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2023 at 11:21am
I got lucky and they made one hell of a strong hull in 1985.  My cover has holes in it where the beam laid on top of my boat, but there are no scratches or structural damage.  

I did like Tom suggested, and removed the trailer poles so that I did not have to jack up the roof support beam as high.  

This is the extent of the damage to my boat (and I hope that after a few sunny days it might pop out):

Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2023 at 11:57am
Go buy a lottery ticket NOW!
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2023 at 1:06pm
Shocked Cry PinchCensoredDead 

Hug  Thumbs Up  Cool

Dude....talk about lucky... +1 on what JQ said!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2023 at 1:41pm
Outstanding! 
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2023 at 5:03pm
In a bad situation you got off easy!   Hope the folks are OK.
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2023 at 7:36pm
Holy moly   Lucky dawg
Better sell it to me before any thing bad happens again.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2023 at 3:48pm
I dodged one bullet but the next one got me.  Heading to the lake to run the boat and put it in a new storage area and have a hub bearing go out on me.  I will need a new axle -- the shop where I towed it does not like to weld new spindles on.  

It is the side that took most of the weight of the barn, but I do not think this caused it.  I had these bearings redone by a shop that is no longer in business 3 years ago.  I should have checked them this year.  

So, the only thing holding the wheel on for the last 100 feet is the grove warn into the Goodyear Endurance tire.  That tire is still holding 80 psi after that -- impressive.  

gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2023 at 12:09am
Been there done that, except mine sheared the lugs off. Can’t figure how it happened, just had the wheels off to service the hubs and check the brake pads before the trip.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2024 at 8:50am
Hopefully closing this chapter from my crummy 2023 today.  The custom torsion axle from Dexter is installed.  Taking off from work to go get today. I hope I am happy.  Trailer guy says it came out really nice.  If worthy I will create a new thread about the trailer solution. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic