NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to Re-Upholster?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2006 at 4:17pm
Eric,

Took a trip to Amish country Saturday, took the drivers seat and spotter seat out to Joe's Tarp Shop. Joe told me it would run about $100 for both. I was thinking it would run at least $100 each!

Fun trip... kind of like taking a time machine back about 200 years! I Mapquested the address you gave me. Found it no problem. only about an hour away from me...

He told it would be done sometime after the first of the year. He took my Name and phone number and wrote it on a piece of notebook paper. Apparently he knows someone who knows someone with a phone. I'll post some pics when I get them back. The spotter seat was torn up pretty bad the drivers seat only had a couple cracks but seemed dry and brittle and ready to get worse so I figured get them both done at the same time. The rest of the interior is in good shape, so it should look real nice when done.

Thanks for letting me know about this guy.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2006 at 4:26pm
thats amish dollars which equals out to just over $900.00...... it will look nice though, they do good work   eric
"the things you own will start to own you"
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2006 at 4:45pm
Ha Ha (I hope your kidding)
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2006 at 7:45am
sometimes i think that isnt such a bad life down there in amish country, they cant be drafted and i think they do not pay taxes,
you probably wont have to pay sales tax either and i dont know if they take checks, but they do know how to re-upholster. it definitely feels like 1890 down there though
"the things you own will start to own you"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic