NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

considering updating to 95 snob

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: considering updating to 95 snob
    Posted: August-08-2006 at 10:29am
Hello, I have hung around here a while...lurking for info...thanks to many for the posts. I searched the archives and found some info, but I wanted to post my situation. I have a very good 1982 nautique. No problems, with low hours. I have never really needed or wanted a newer boat, as I wouldnt swap mine for my bro's 2005 Tige. However I ean across a 1995 snob, with 440 hrs in very nice condition. I really like the layout and some of the creature comforts missing in 1982. My biggest concern is with the reliability of the engine and tranny. The velvet drive has been perfect and my carb engine is simple and easy to maintain for me. I have had two friends have reverse issues with the "newer" trannies. Also, I have had trouble getting a feel for a what the 1995 is worth. NADA has it 16,400 for excellent condition. Anyone bought or sold a like boat recently? Thanks for any and all comments. Feel free to email me!

ernest
It is going to be hard to sell the 82...I may just store it. It was the first thing my wife and I bought after marriage. We used to call it the house boat...Three kids later it is still part of the family!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2006 at 10:43am
Originally posted by emccallum emccallum wrote:

It is going to be hard to sell the 82...I may just store it.

You'll want it back the day after you sell it. Do everything you can to keep it.
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2006 at 12:24pm
welcome to the forum EM!

Keep your 82. I have a 95 and am hoping to buy a 2001 hull sometime soon. Even with a newer boat, that 82 is a classic and will only become more so.

my 95 is carbuerated so I can't speak to efi stuff, but there have been some threads on here about problems in the 94-95 efi models. I had a velvet drive on my supra that i loved, but the pcm tranny is even smoother.

My boat has 490 hours, and I would feel ok about $16.5k if I were to sell. Although, being the seller instead of the buyer, that may be on the high side. If the one you're looking at is in good shape, that's not too bad a price. When I bought mine, I just wanted a CC and figured I'd pay to get one. It's not easy to find a "deal" on nautiques.

good luck, and if you buy, post pics of the new one.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2006 at 12:31pm
The 1995 SNOB is a rare boat and will always have great resale. I'd jump on it if I were you. From what I've heard, transmissions don't get much better than the Power Plus unit on that 95. I haven't heard of many issues, if any, with the PP trannies after being on these boards for years.
92'NIQUE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92'NIQUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2006 at 2:26pm
I bought my '92 SNOB three years ago with 490 hours on it. Other than some minor fading of the gelcoat, it was in very good shape. After doing some research, I remember thinking that I should have paid around $14K for it, but I actually paid less because the seller was very motivated to get out of it. $16.5K for a '95 sounds about right. I wouldnt say that either seller or buyer is making a killing.
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2006 at 2:37pm
Thanks for the replies! I think I have decided to buy the boat and keep the 82 for for a while. Picking it up tonight and going straight to the lake! I am even going to skip a mtb ride.   

ernest
92'NIQUE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92'NIQUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2006 at 3:51pm
Post some pix....love to see it.
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2006 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by 92'NIQUE 92'NIQUE wrote:

Post some pix....love to see it.

Of which one! The 82 or the 95? HEHE... I think I will shoot some photos of both and post them together.

ernest
92'NIQUE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92'NIQUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2006 at 4:03pm
If you think the '82 will get jeleous if you dont post pix of her as well, then I think you'll have to do both!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic