Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Heater Core

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jkayla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkayla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heater Core
    Posted: August-03-2006 at 8:18pm
While camping this past weekend we noticed quite a bit of hot water coming up through the floor board under the driver seat (enough to puddle). Spoke to the service dept today and they said the heater core is out. $125 for a new core and 2 hours labor. We're going to try and fix it ourselves, anyone familiar with this and have any suggestions?

We're also looking for a 2001 Nautique Super Air Repair Manual. Do they exist and where might I locate one?

Thanks for any help!
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2006 at 11:53pm
I have a 2001 as well. I changed the core in about 1/2 hour. Remove the hoses. 4 screws to remove the unit. 3 or 4 screws to open the box. Replace the core, and reverse. Not that big a deal. BKH
Livin' the Dream

AWhite70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AWhite70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2006 at 8:04am
The heater core in my '02 SN has sprung a leak twice. Last year I pulled the core out located the leak with compressed air and soldered it shut. The latest leak occured last weekend. The core is out, but I haven't decided if I'm going to fix it or replace it. I'm waiting from a response from Heatercraft to see if they have an improved heater core design (I heard they do) or if there is a standard auto. core that will work.

Regardless It's a 15min. job in most cases to remove the core just like BKH said.

Another tip. After this failure I'm installing ball valves in my heater supply lines. That way the next time the core fails (since it's failed twice I assume it will happen again) I can just shut off the water flow and keep on going. Won't have the nuissance of steaming hot water on the carpet.

I've had my '02 Ski 196 for 3 summers now and the heater core has been the biggest problem I've had.
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2006 at 7:37pm
They put heaters in boats? What a bunch of woosies. America's gone soft.
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2006 at 8:40pm
Yep Jim. They got those new fangled radios with them there CD players too. BKH
Livin' the Dream

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2006 at 10:10pm
Ok guys, 2 things; J_I_H, where have ya been? No posts from down south latley. Missed ya.

Brian; Sorry but I gotta ask, why bother with a heater when you live in Sunny California?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2006 at 11:20pm
Just what I want, a boat full of cross dressers listening to a radio. What's the world coming to?
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2006 at 10:31am
Ya Jim, we need more posts from Houston area. Especially old schoolers that don't like radios.   (even though your speedo is a new fangled GPS)

I guess it must get cold in other parts of the world.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic