NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

331 stroker

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 331 stroker
    Posted: August-01-2006 at 1:05am
saw all the help the forum gave TRBenj got on his cam intake question,i have one that maybe the group can help me with? 1964 american skier used for cruising some sking but must of the time pulling 24 ft. pairasail,and you think pulling double is tough???????????? have built a fairly strong 302 holley,GT40, edelbrock performer,Mallory Uni lite,9mm accell wires,3 in. exhaust no mufflers. the bottom end box stock,1973 PCM 302.hours unknown but bound to be a bunch...hve found the rev. rotation frt. and rear seals,not that easey anymore,for the 2 pc.camshaft selection not a major priority,as i am after some major torque improvement. my main concern is can i spin the 331 crank in reverse,does that crank know the difference????????????has anyone done this and what can of worms am i about to open up?? hot rod guys dont seem to have a clue about rev. rotation. engine too narrow for 351 W...... any help on the subject would be thankful    boat dr   
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2006 at 6:54am
Boat Dr, I cant offer any insight on whether a standard rotation crank will work on a reverse rotation motor, but you may want to try searching this site. I did and found this thread: engine swap

I think that a stroker motor in a boat is very cool and should give you the boost in torque that youre looking for. Have you swapped cams yet?
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2006 at 10:14am
cam issue still down the road ,want to resolve the rev. rotation issue,and does the crankshaft know it is turning rev.this is my reason for these dumb questions.....boat dr
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2006 at 1:01pm
I am not sure the differences...but , it's my understanding that the crank needs to be reground.
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic