NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

65 ’cuda is 99% done, splash monday pm.

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 65 ’cuda is 99% done, splash monday pm.
    Posted: June-27-2006 at 5:23pm
Just about ready to start final assembly. Last fall I decided that the carpet was a little rough so out it came, which exposed the floor which could use some help, so out it came, which showed that the stringers needed help so out they came. So far I have:

Replaced the sringers and glassed in, replaced the floor and glassed in. I decided not to foam, the boat was not built with it.

New carpet, new paint above the rub rail, new interior paint, I'm adding a stereo and a swim platform. New stainless rub rail, new deck hardware and replated hardware I could not replace. I relocated the battery as far forward in the bow as possible and had long cables made, I also upgraded to a series 31 marine / rv battery that can handle both cranking and extended use (stereo).

I've yet to final sand and buff, align the motor, tie the wiring harness back together, install the interior, and all the hardware.

I'm hoping the drop it on the water on the 4th of July!

I'll post pics when complete.

Gary
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2006 at 12:18am
Looking forward to the pics. BKH
Livin' the Dream

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2006 at 12:34am
I know all too well how it goes! I was "just" going to install a bilge blower in my 64...
I ended up doing some stringer work, new floor, new carpet, new bilge pump, repainted boot stripe, new depth sounder,and now,working on all new upholstery..btw I did get the blower in!

Im also hoping to get her wet this week(sans the new interior)..Post some pics, Im hoping to at a later date...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2006 at 2:05pm
62wood,

What are you gonna do rebuild the hole thing? Damn boy ... I wont be parking next to you with your old classic... is gonna make mine look like crap!!

See ya at green lake

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2006 at 4:37pm
Paul,
I dont think you have to worry about my tug.. with it being all white outside, it needed a little pizzaz inside.
Besides, the way things are going, I'll probably have a red & white backseat, gray carpet(if not plywood) and the blue front seat..
Also having trouble finding any rear seat oranments as nice as yours!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2006 at 12:16am
Finished the work today, sprayed a little ether in the carb, hit the key and started right up. A couple of more tries and the fuel line was primed and she was running!

I'm going to drop in in the water tommorow evening for a little shakedown. I'm a little worried about alignment, I could not get a consistent gap all around. I would get very close, then try spinning the prop shaft independent of the trans flange and the gaps would go all out of whack by as much as eight thousands. It seems something is not 100 percent straight. Finally gave up and bolted it together. spun it by hand and found a tight spot. I loosened and re tightened the two bolts and jam nuts that tie the shaft flange to the shaft and was able to get the tight spot out.

Any ideas? I'll find out tommorrow if there is any vibration. The driveline did not vibrate last fall and I don't believe I damaged anything while working on it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic