NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my Timmy T

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2018 at 10:12pm
YUK, Pete ... Wow.   I'd get bottled water.
Having said that, the strainers we use don't filter down to the micron level anyway - a .07" particle will pass right through. I'd say all that Yuk is headed through the engine one way or another.
But yes, I am doing all new plumbing, flushing T and a new strainer after I get the engine in and I will be installing the T before the strainer... just because
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2018 at 10:53pm
That's why I put this on my shower.

And I go with the simple bucket

nhhandyman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nhhandyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2018 at 12:15pm
Thanks for all the replies - I'll post a pic next time I get to the boat.
I also went for the 1"x3/4"x1" Tee - not the 1x1/2x1 listed above.
WinterTurtle View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WinterTurtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2018 at 1:46pm
Does the tee need to be installed between the rwp and the trans heat exchanger - or between the inlet and the heat exchanger? I don't have a strainer (yet)...
1979 Southwind 18 351w

Not Running - All Potential!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nhhandyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2018 at 9:13am
Here is mine - installed yesterday - will be trying it out at some point this week.

And yes, I will be getting a plug just in case that ball valve chooses to open up...
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2018 at 9:48am
No plug necessary.

You’re going to have a hard time priming the pump with that location.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nhhandyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2018 at 10:00am
priming the pump....

why... because the water will be heading out the inlet before getting sucked in?

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2018 at 11:52am
Give it a try Brian. I have mine in the same place seems to work fine. Except for the first startup of the year there is always enough water in the hose between the strainer and the pump to prime anyway.

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2018 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Except for the first startup of the year there is always enough water in the hose between the strainer and the pump to prime anyway.

Correct, only an issue if the pump isn’t already primed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic