NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

It’s a girl!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2006 at 12:08am
My daughter Reese could ollie on a wakeboard when she was five - course, she can board at about 4 mph.

My son, who's only 2, loves my wakeboarding instructional DVD's (Detention is his favorite). But we thought he was a girl until he was born - sonogram said he was a girl. Good thing we hadn't painted the nursery!

Way to go B. Your boys can swim!
My 1974 Mustang 17

TroopTrack
: The Best Scouting Software
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2006 at 12:09am
Congrats to you as well FU. BKH

Livin' the Dream

NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2006 at 8:07am
Hey Ken,
Amazing huh? What a forum!
Not only a wealth of CC info, but adoption info too!
We'll have to do a seperate N.E. Beer get-together w/ You, 05210 & myself for that discussion.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2006 at 8:42am
It takes a special man to raise daughters. I'm not sure I have it in me, atleast not yet. Keep up the good work fellas.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2006 at 9:16am
Brian and FU, congratulations, nothing can compare to being a dad! I have a 7 yr old girl and she makes my world a better place no doubt, nothing like that smiling face. Got her up on skis for the first time over Memorial day, what a blast that was.
Hollywood, raising a daughter is no big deal, just like with the wife or girlfriend, they are in charge (or at least you let them think so).
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2006 at 9:44am
quin -

Or at least they let you think that you let them think that they are in charge
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2006 at 12:19pm
You guys are great, thanks. I didn't mean to bring this thread down. My wife and I went through the most difficult time in our lives last year. You never think something like not being able to have kids is possible. Right now, we're trying to get the courage up for the adoption process. We have many questions and we face the unknown. We have many fears about the process. Yes, Scott and Mike, I'd like to speak to you guys in person. I'm sort of lost at this point. Again, I didn't want this to be a somber posting. I'd like to look forward to the future and being a Dad. I'm very happy for all you gentlemen that are proud Dad's. Hopefully, I'll post a picture of my son or daughter on this site someday.

Thanks for the support!

Ken
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2006 at 1:00pm
BKH - I hope you don't think your threads been hijacked.
That's what these boats, and this forum, is all about - Fun, Friends & Family!
Whether it's BKH's exciting news or Ken's great news on starting the process - it's all good!
Ken - nothing somber about it. You and your wife just don't have a set time of expecting like BKH and his wife.
Either way, in the end, all the fears, worries and waiting are well worth it - Very best to all!
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2006 at 1:33pm
Ken,

I don't want to downplay your situation, particularly because I've not experienced it.

However, in my mind I'd say that not having kids is not the hard part. Deciding to have kids is the hard part. Making the commitment, putting in the effort, gladly accepting the sacrifice. Whether biological or adopted, you and your wife have made the commitment to the "hard" choice. The rest is just obstacles. With your commitment, you will overcome the obstacles and have the family you want and your kids will be lucky to have you as parents. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2006 at 2:19pm
I truly appreciate the support, guys. The single most important move in my life right now is to explore all my options. There's a kind of morning period my wife and I went through when we found out we can't have our own biological children. That's very difficult to swallow. It's the fear of the unknown and fear of rejection with the adoption process. We don't want anymore bad news. We feel like the only people on this planet that have this problem. I'm the one to blame for this whole issue in the first place. The guilt is something that won't ever go away. Unfortunately, I was born with this condition and didn't find out for thirty years. Anyway, enough spilling my guts out. Sometimes it's just good to vent! Back to seeing your pictures.

Ken
Fook_U View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fook_U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2006 at 4:23pm
Well I'm a happy man today, We got our first real pics today and it's a GIRL TOO!!!!!!

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2006 at 4:56pm
Who ever would have thought there would be posts of ultrasound pics here?

Congrats and good luck to all you dads.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic