Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wingboarding

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wingboarding
    Posted: January-06-2016 at 2:17pm
Who's up for some Wingboarding
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2016 at 2:28pm
Ken Spurling AKA Skip Waters AKA Skip Landry
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2016 at 4:22pm
Nice!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2016 at 4:59pm
Pretty sure Frankenotter would be all over this - the safety risk during transition from launch to safe parachute height is just ridiculous...
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2016 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

the safety risk during transition from launch to safe parachute height is just ridiculous...

Assuming the tow plane could pull + gain altitude with everything as dead weight then once it reaches an altitude greater then the tow rope length you would no longer be in danger of hitting the ground, prior to that however, yikes.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2016 at 5:55pm
Don't let go while ascending!
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2016 at 6:04pm
Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines if something went catastrophically wrong and you had to bail before reaching safe parachute height. But yeah your right as long as you could hold on and the plane could continue to climb with the dead weight - you could then parachute to safety.

Man this would certainly be a sport for the physical fit...
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2016 at 8:26pm
Was I the only one fascinated by that sweet remote control test pilot? That thing was pretty slick.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2016 at 10:15pm
Just when I got a new to me boat, now I have to get a new to me Air Plane. I don't even have an old too me Air Plane. CRAP!!!!!!

It never ends.

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2016 at 4:53am
I don't know if Quinner was anywhere near Deep Lake when this took place (think it was more than 15 years ago), but one of our neighbors in Deep Lake Shores had a ski boat with a motorized winch that held a spool of rope that attached to a wing that the guy wore on his back. He would put this damn wing on and stand up when the boat got going about 25 and his wife would let out the line while the driver slowly sped up. The guy would get towed up to about 800 feet or so, then release the line on his end up in the sky and sly around for 4-5 minutes before landing near shore.

I have this whole thing from a very reliable neighbor who once ran the winch rig (he made a mistake and was politely told not to let it happen again)== don't remember the details, but after reading this goofy story, I will have to get the REST OF THE STORY for CCF.

Being towed by an airplane begs a lot of questions about things like life insurance riders, but I do have to admit that as an aviator, while it spikes my "watch this" mentality, it wreaks of gross stupidity much like those idiots with wingsuits that occasionally hit terra firma at over 100mph and their friends who say dumb things like "he died doing what he loved". No he died hitting the ground.
2008 MasterCraft 197TT
1996 Nautique Super Sport
1988 Waterlogged Supra Mariah
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2016 at 9:25am
Very impressive project to say the least!
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2016 at 10:15am
I can see it now - at the boat show - Twiggy will be towed aloft by a drone!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
spiralhelix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiralhelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2016 at 7:22pm
just wait until they develop the wingtube then they will be destroying perfectly good air space.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic