Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kidder KD3000 Ski

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
spiralhelix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiralhelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2015 at 6:08pm
Im pretty sure the Jobe is older than both the KD and the Connelly combined      I got the Jobe thinking it was bigger than the Con but it was the same size, so I just stuck with the Con. I just use the Jobe as the drop ski when I don't want to waste time or gas.

I was consistently getting up on the Con back in high school, but as I said above, years have gone by and weight has been added.   It was about month ago my wife and I stayed out on the river until i got up on the Con, which I finally did, but it was the last run of the night and then the baby was born...so I kinda lost my driver for the rest of the season. Last night was my drivers first time, but I don't want to make excuses for my bad performance on his driving.    For the weekend I will keep practicing with the Con, but maybe do a dock start or two on the KD just to see how she skis.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2015 at 12:15am
I gotta fess-up.   The niece and her mom thing- Total fabrication.

I laughed so hard last nite when every single comment was coming up
: daughter, wife ect....and then you thinking your new purchase was somehow severely gender biased.   I just had to add fuel to the fire. So, I apologize.

Get reacquainted with the Connelly
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2015 at 1:42am
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

I gotta fess-up.   The niece and her mom thing- Total fabrication.

I laughed so hard last nite when every single comment was coming up
: daughter, wife ect....and then you thinking your new purchase was somehow severely gender biased.   I just had to add fuel to the fire...

He's Hee Hee. My great aunt uses a Kidder KD3000 to do her sewing actually.
I didn't want to mention that before with everyone piling on.
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2015 at 1:16am
My wifes '64 3000, '66 4000 and my '68 7000 are just taking up garage space. Let me know if anyone wants one. Rear boots promoting bad habits like not breaking your foot!
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2015 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by 91NaughtyQ 91NaughtyQ wrote:

You are going to have to "lube" the bindings when you put the ski on. I have always just kept a travel bottle of Dawn with me - Assuming you are on the platform-. Dunk the ski- squirt a little bit on each binding where they come together at the top. Slide feet in. The Dawn washes right away and you have a nice snug fit

Note - do not use Dawn. The best thing for your boots is some good old Connelly Binding Slime or Newt Juice. Dishwashing soap has detergents that will break down the rubber and neoprene in your bindings. In Dawn, the "grease-cutting" stuff that is safe for birds and all of that, is actually a petroleum product. We should not be putting that in our lakes. Even bio-degradable soaps and are not really what we should be putting in our lakes, rivers and oceans.

Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiralhelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2015 at 12:29pm
Good to know about Dawn. Usually I am skeptical with claims like this without sources. Google provides links to a few sites talking about it, but interesting that each link says the "bad" ingredient is something different. We are a Dr. Bronner's family anyway and we don't use antimicrobial soaps.

the first time on the ski, i just got it wet and put it on like I do with the wb bindings. It's a struggle, but doable.

methylisothiazolinone
Trisoclan
Environmental Working Group
Ingredients from PG website
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2015 at 1:08pm
Funny, I had opposite problem this weekend. I've been getting up with double boots for last 15 years, but getting increasingly difficult for me. Bought a rear tow plate thinking I would go back to a 1 foot pull out. Couldn't do it. Missed first four attempts. Stuck my foot in the loop, got up first try. Go figure. BKH
Livin' the Dream

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2015 at 6:52pm
The old, foot out or foot in discussion. When teaching, I always encourage foot out. That's the "proper" protocol. But I have had a few students who have had trouble with that (wife (30 years ago), daughter (17 years ago) and most recently a friend, just getting into slalom skiing) I don't push it if two feet works best for them. If a "student" just cant get up with feet in, I explain that the rear foot in is making it harder. Jim is a friend who was a casual 2 ski skier for 40 years. This year he came to me and said, I am going to become a good slalom skier. Great! He's been coming to the house for 10 years and never showed much interest in skiing, but this year he decided to hit it. He went out and bought a ski (Obrien Sequence, vest, gloves and came over in May) He didnt want to go the drop a ski route, So we went boom, short line, long line and he was getting up pretty quickly. Couldn't do the one foot thing so he learned with and stuck with 2 in. He decided he should try the 1 foot thing because its hard to get steady and balanced for the start with both in. He's tried a few times, but in the interest of time and fatigue has gone back to his two foot start. It's been a fun summer with him because he has really gotten bitten by the bug and calls every week to say when are we heading out. Plus he's got a call into Coble's, which is conveniently about 45 minutes up the road, waiting on a open slot to come up this fall.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiralhelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2015 at 8:35pm
i kinda gave up this year (boat has been put away already , but i won't use the "w" word yet). I spent prolly an hour or so labor day trying both my skis with no advancement. My buddy got up on the Kidder and he liked it, but said it took a lot of work to turn it compared to his o'brien fatty (not sure the actual model). Back in the day, i first tried with foot out, and felt like my center of gravity was shifted like on two skis, but then again it was just a couple of us high school kids out on the 'rents boat. I did eventually get up with both feet in...but only did it successfully 1 time this year.

The Chicagoland Slalom skiers FB group started talking about doing a small clinic next year, so I might help organize that and hopefully bring in an instructor (any suggestions???). At this stage, for me, i think i need someone to coach me through and not just the buddies opinions. I know I'm missing something, just not sure exactly what it is. I will eventually get it, just need more time and patience.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic