Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

94 Pro Boss in Sport Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Kyle L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 94 Pro Boss in Sport Nautique
    Posted: May-24-2006 at 12:34pm
I have a 94 sport nautique with the pro boss engine. The boat didn't come with a owners manual but true to Correct Craft reputation we called them and they mailed us a copy of the manual. The manual didn't come with any information on the engine though I'm assuming because there were different options. If anyone has the engine manual I'd love to get a copy. For the mean time though can anyone tell me what weight and type of oil to use as well as what octane is recomended for the 5.8 Pro Boss EFI engine. Thanks
Traveller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Traveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 12:59pm
I just purchased a 1998 Air Nautique. Like you I got the owners manual from Correct Craft and then I purchased an engine manual for Discount Inboard Marine. You can find them on the web @ www.skidim.com. These guys are great if they cannot help you with an engine manual I'll bet they can certainly point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps.

Traveller
Victoria, Tx
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 1:18pm
You can try contacting PCM directly, they may have older manuals available. SkiDIM should be able to tell you where to find one as well.

As far as I know, PCM's oil recommendation is the same for all 351w (5.8L) motors. They say to use straight 40w, but many have had success running blends (15w40, 20w40, etc). Shell Rotella, Castrol and Valvoline are all good brands.
ccskier16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccskier16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 9:09pm
Both of these will work for your engine. The main difference is if you have the ProTec system.

http://www.planetnautique.com/CorrectCraftManuals/1991/PCM.pdf

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/ftp/new/PCMsvcmanual.pdf
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2006 at 1:11pm
Use the same oil you use in your car. The EFI engine will adjust to whatever fuel you put in the tank.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic