Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct Craft emblems

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
brandons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct Craft emblems
    Posted: May-21-2006 at 11:21am
I need the Correct Craft Emblem that goes on the side of a 1979 Ski Nautique. I need just one or if you have two i"ll take them both. Let me know how much $$$$, Im restoring my Ski Nautique so I got to have them.
Thanks,
Brandon
kg4gsf@yahoo.com
1979 Ski Nautique
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2006 at 12:28pm
brandons,
    Like these?

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/DrCC-74/74CCemblm-02.jpg

If you are handy with a spray can and a rubber sanding block. You could have a pair exactly like these for under 40 dollars.

Here's how. Order new emblems from either Southeast or Midwest Correct Craft. Go to your local hardware store and buy 1 spray can of "Krylon Fusion" (Dover White) a 3M Rubber Sanding Block, 1 sheet of 400 grit, 1 sheet of 600 grit 3M Wet sand paper. Clean and spray emblems dover white. Let dry for over 24 hours. Wet sand lettering w/block, thru the white, thru the chrome, and wah-la, instant black on white emblems.

Here's the other side.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/DrCC-74/74CCemblm-01.jpg

pswann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pswann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2006 at 5:44pm
I like that! I dont get it but I like it. Are the new ones solid black? What chrome are you speaking of? I need to replace mine and this looks like a great way to get it done. Thanks for the tip.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2006 at 8:14pm
Yea, The New ones are black plastic w/chrome lettering. That's what is in the pics, only altered a bit. With the help of 3M's sanding block and Krylon Fusion. I would not suggest trying this without a rubber sanding block.
Stan C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2006 at 8:21pm
I have reproduced the white plastic w/black lettering emblems. They sell for $70.00 per set. Do a search in parts for sale or e-mail me rumstan@aol.com for more info. Stan C.
Stan C
tjackle View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2006 at 4:14am
I purchased a set from Stan. VERY PLEASED!
78 Nautique

If you're going to do it...
Do it in a boat
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic