Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Windshiled help pt. II

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
KevinPaul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinPaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windshiled help pt. II
    Posted: May-14-2006 at 3:23pm
I posted earlier about replica windshields for my '69 Barracuda and got some good responses (thanks) about Taylor-Made and also their pdf file with a phone number. After talking to the folks at Taylor-Made, they told me that the windshields are non-returnable and they have no other dimensions other than the basic ones given on the sheet. The problem is that the Barracuda deck where the windshield mounts is not flat, but has a slight camber. I was hoping someone could post a photo of a replica windshield on their boat so I could get a better idea of if it'll work before I take the expensive plunge. Thanks in advance for reading this and here's to a great 2006 season. Kevin
Kevin
'69 Barracuda
Atmspltr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atmspltr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2006 at 5:13pm
The one on my boat is a Taylor Made. I can get more closeups if interested.
KevinPaul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinPaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2006 at 6:10pm
Thanks, yes, I'd like to see some, especially of the mounting hardware. Are you satisfied with it? Is the plexi thick enough?
Kevin
'69 Barracuda
Atmspltr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atmspltr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2006 at 6:40pm
Really pleased...not as tall as original but I think it makes it more sleek and sporty looking. Plexi is plenty thick...very little flex. Solidly mounted. I'll try to get some up close photos and email them...what's your address?
KevinPaul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinPaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2006 at 7:00pm
Glad to hear that you like it. It looks like the largest one would fit mine close to original, but it's a one-piece whereas the original was a 2 piece. Hence the concern about strength...email address:

firekevin44@yahoo.com

Thanks.
Kevin
'69 Barracuda
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic